Replies: 6
Posted By MatthewK
Pilot Varsity

On 2008-07-23, Bluesea wrote:

The only nib width of which I'm aware for the Pilot Varsity is medium.
However, I read on DIY Planner in a post last Aug. that...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 20th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 14
Posted By MatthewK
how much iron in fountain pen blue-blacks?

On 2008-07-20, Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
MatthewK writes:

Anybody have an idea on how much "gall" is in diamine registrar
ink, monte...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 19th 08, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-07-19, Bluesea wrote:

As for Blue-black, the instructions say:

"Important note: it is particularly important to clean the fountain pen
regularly if...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 19th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-07-18, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
In article ,
MatthewK wrote:
Anybody have an idea on how much...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 15th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 14
Posted By MatthewK
how much iron in fountain pen blue-blacks?

Anybody have an idea on how much "gall" is in diamine registrar
ink, monte blanc's blue-black, lamy blue-black (bottle), or R&K
gall ink?

I'm just curious in fairly general terms as to how much...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 10th 08, 04:14 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By MatthewK
first ink mixing experiment

On 2008-07-10, MatthewK...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 10th 08, 05:20 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-07-10, MatthewK wrote:

It lays down an almost black line and then drys to the dark
brown. It doesn't smear and I can drag a wet thumb acrossed it
without...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 10th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By MatthewK
first ink mixing experiment

I've wanted some brown fp ink for a little while now but am
being really cheap for personal reasons. Not knowing any better
I took some noodlers eternel red and green and started mixing
in a cup...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 9th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By MatthewK
cool youtube video: make a wire dip pen reservoir

On 2008-07-06, Bluesea wrote:

"MatthewK" wrote in message
I found this little gem at...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 9th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-07-06, The Drunken Lord wrote:

Thanks, dude. I haven't checked it out yet, but it sure sounds worth
looking at, and I certainly will.

This might mean we...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 9th 08, 04:08 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 15
Posted By MatthewK
Parker 51 aerometric shell crack

On 2008-07-05, j. fabian wrote:
In article ,
MatthewK wrote:

Thanks, I'm only vaguely...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 5th 08, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-07-05, Vincent Fatica wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 14:55:51 +0000, MatthewK
wrote:

Not sure exactly what you intended to mean by...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 5th 08, 06:02 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-07-05, Brian Ketterling wrote:
In ,
MatthewK wrote:

On...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 5th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By MatthewK
cool youtube video: make a wire dip pen reservoir

I found this little gem at fpn:

It is a video tutuorial on making a wrapped wire reservoir for
dip pens.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PlujaxCaeG4
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 5th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-07-03, Tom Pike wrote:
On Jul 2, 8:26*pm, MatthewK wrote:
My 51 developed a cracked shell and I'm not sure how. It has
only been...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 3rd 08, 04:26 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 15
Posted By MatthewK
Parker 51 aerometric shell crack

My 51 developed a cracked shell and I'm not sure how. It has
only been filled two or three times since I've had it and I've
been pretty gentle with it. This last time I after filling it I
notice a...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 29th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 98
Posted By MatthewK
FPN Dip**** of the Month: Gerry! (or Being a Guest in Gerry's ********!")

On 2008-06-28, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
The Drunken Lord wrote:

Yeah, it was kind of like the mad scientist ink mixing stuff, not as
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 29th 08, 02:34 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 16
Posted By MatthewK
Dip pens and ink

On 2008-06-28, Bluesea wrote:

Terminology:

Notes are notes...short. Letters are letters...longer than notes.

Notes are written on fold-over notes or on...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 29th 08, 02:33 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-06-28, The Drunken Lord wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 14:43:07 +0000, MatthewK
wrote:

I remember that post too but can't think if...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 28th 08, 03:43 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-06-28, The Drunken Lord wrote:

Old Griz is the one who came up with the plan of drilling a hole in
the rear end of Pilot Varsity pens and pouring new ink in them...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 28th 08, 03:42 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Posted By MatthewK
cleaning dip pen nibs

On 2008-06-27, Brian Ketterling wrote:
In ,
MatthewK wrote:

I think I...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 28th 08, 03:41 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Posted By MatthewK
cleaning dip pen nibs

On 2008-06-27, Brian Ketterling wrote:
In ,
MatthewK wrote:

Is there any...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 28th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 16
Posted By MatthewK
Dip pens and ink

On 2008-06-27, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
In article ,
MatthewK wrote:

I guess maybe it's not fair to call...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 28th 08, 03:35 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By MatthewK
Testing of Mont Blanc Sepia vs. Blue Black

On 2008-06-27, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
In article ,
Bluesea wrote:

"Aaron W. Hsu"...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 27th 08, 05:11 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Posted By MatthewK
cleaning dip pen nibs

On 2008-06-27, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
MatthewK wrote:
I'll try some out later. I have a quart container of acetone
and alcohol on...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 128