Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Forum: Books January 11th 07, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Wild Pricing!

All British hardcovers are printed in small numbers, ridiculously small
by North American standards. (It could also be said that we over-print,
but that's another thread...) Many of those go to...
Forum: Books January 9th 07, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Robert B. Parker

Congrats!

The hardest, for me, was MORTAL STAKES. I finally had to "settle" for a
Briitsh first, which was okay with me, as my DOUBLE DEUCE (signed) is
also the British edition. I don't have the...
Forum: Books December 30th 06, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Bookcases

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
Last week I bought five used bookcases for $30. This should keep me organized for a little while.

There never seem to be as many bookcases as books, do there?
Forum: Books November 2nd 06, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Brag of the Day

Ruth Streeter wrote:
Found at a book sale. Rex Stout's Where There's a Will. First edition,
Farrar Rinehart 1940. vg-nf, no DJ. paid 25 cents. Life is good!

Life is very good--that's one of the...
Forum: Books October 28th 06, 01:44 AM Posted to alt.books,rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.childrens,rec.arts.books
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Hardy Boys Fan Forum - 1025

wrote:
RWF wrote:
Hardy Boys Fan Forum - 1025
A group for adult fans of Franklin W. Dixon's famous Hardy Boys Mystery
Series Books.

Hmm...What's wrong...
Forum: Books September 18th 06, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
NY Is Book Country - RIP?

I haven't seen anything about it for this year, and Google turns up
nothing, either.

Too bad. It was a nice place to see books and authors, and the weather
was usually favorable.
Forum: Books September 10th 06, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
What book has eluded you the longest?

I have all the James Bond novels in first editions (some without
jackets) except the two film novelizations by Christopher Wood, THE SPY
WHO LOVED ME and JAMES BOND AND MOONRAKER. There was no U.S....
Forum: Books August 15th 06, 03:15 AM Posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.true-crime,rec.collecting.books,alt.obituaries
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Kris Baker is dead

Carmen wrote:

The OP is just trying to get at her, even if he scares
the hell out of any friends she may have while he does it.

Surely said friends would have more sense than to expect...
Forum: Books August 3rd 06, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Book Pricing

Evelyn C. Leeper wrote:

To me, the two are complementary, not exclusive.

No doubt, but there are fewer and fewer places to browse in person.

Neither of us (meanwhile) answers the original...
Forum: Books August 3rd 06, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Book Pricing

I also prefer to buy in a store--though it's getting harder and harder.
I like to browse, and I like to see the condition of my potential
purchase for myself. Even an online book that's described as...
Forum: Books July 17th 06, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Charter and FAQ

Kris Baker wrote:
wrote in message
It would be nice if there were just a link on the "home" page,...
Forum: Books July 17th 06, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Charter and FAQ

It would be nice if there were just a link on the "home" page, wouldn't
it?
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12