Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David French
Forum: General Discussion December 30th 06, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By David French
When to soak a stamp?

Why is everyone assuming that the stamps are being removed from 'Covers'?
Less than 1% of modern stamp issues are used on Covers!

80% of my GB collection are used, and most of those were received...
Forum: General Discussion December 29th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By David French
I forgot.... please ignore this post

Please ignore - hit the wrong button. Sorry.

" Forgot to attach the jpg of a typical xp problem - there are so many

Hmmm... It's OK - I get those annoying "pop-up's" every few days...
Forum: General Discussion December 29th 06, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By David French
When to soak a stamp?

Never soak stamps!
The stamps are more valuable on cover !
Happy 2007
Hans

A few stamps are more valuable on cover; most are not.
Never say "never"

Also, be careful about using...
Forum: General Discussion December 22nd 06, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By David French
Happy Holidays to all

I wish everyone in this group a very happy Christmas holiday and wonderful
new year. Thanks for many good responses in this group throughout 2006 :-)

Mette

..... And my best wishes...
Forum: General Discussion December 14th 06, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By David French
SNA: Watermark Fluid Question

text snipped for brevity.

When opened, there appeared to be nothing inside but air, and
the distant, ripe, aroma of a damp cattle-field in mid summer!

Could this have been the stock...
Forum: General Discussion December 12th 06, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By David French
SNA: Watermark Fluid Question

I may have a tough time with lighter fluid. The smell
and feel doesn't do anything for me, but I hear that some
people prefer it.

Anyway, it's high time to think about substitute...
Forum: General Discussion December 10th 06, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By David French
Relationship between Gibbons (and other) cat's and 'real' values.

I know exactly what you mean. A week after buying the (quite
expensive) Deegam
Machin catalogue my wife and I saw a second-hand one in a
Nottingham stamp
dealer's shop for just...
Forum: General Discussion December 6th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By David French
New variety of Nigerian Scam

Did you know that some of the stamps used on the envelopes of
the postal version of these scam messages are themselves forgeries?

I have one somewhere, that has been reproduced with the...
Forum: General Discussion December 5th 06, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By David French
New variety of Nigerian Scam

Did you know that some of the stamps used on the envelopes of
the postal version of these scam messages are themselves forgeries?

I have one somewhere, that has been reproduced with the...
Forum: General Discussion December 5th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By David French
Invisible Hologram search on hold.

SNAPO CEO has proposed an embroidery stamp.. The trouble is that it has
to be made of camel hair. Not just any camel hair but the hair from the
underbelly of young camels. Did anyone ever try...
Forum: General Discussion December 4th 06, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By David French
New variety of Nigerian Scam

Hi Mette,

I've had around 40 of these 'scam' messages in the last month, and
similar items have been reported in the UK papers and news programs.

David.

Should you suddenly receive...
Forum: General Discussion October 22nd 06, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 35
Posted By David French
Deegam v SG or SG v Deegam

Snip of rant.

BOY, you are one angry lady!

Take a chill pill and R-E-L-A-X.

Whoaa!!!! If you think Tracy is a 'Lady', it is you
who needs the pills!
Forum: General Discussion October 20th 06, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 35
Posted By David French
Deegam v SG or SG v Deegam

Snip of rant.

BOY, you are one angry lady!

Take a chill pill and R-E-L-A-X.

Whoaa!!!! If you think Tracy is a 'Lady', it is you
who needs the pills!
Forum: General Discussion October 19th 06, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 35
Posted By David French
Deegam v SG or SG v Deegam

Once again, I ask if there is any legal precedent that says that Gibbons can
actually stop you listing their numbers.

The fact that they identify a certain stamp with a certain...
Forum: General Discussion October 11th 06, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By David French
Ham Amateur Radio Postcards

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

David French wrote:

Yepp -that's about right.

I was an...
Forum: General Discussion October 11th 06, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By David French
Special Signed Card....

Worth something for sure.

I see a photo of Everest signed by Chris Bonington sold
at 25 GB Pounds and a smaller one at 20 GB Pounds .

This may give you an idea of retail prices of some...
Forum: General Discussion October 9th 06, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By David French
Special Signed Card....

I have recently purchased a collection of 'covers' from a local
charity shop. Hidden in the random selection of items are a
small collection of expedition 'covers' - including one special
one that I...
Forum: General Discussion October 9th 06, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By David French
Ham Amateur Radio Postcards

I just got some Ham Amateur Radio Postcards (maybe called QSL).

I have known a number of amateur radio operators. QSL cards were
received by them either direct or via a bureau.

Some...
Forum: General Discussion September 21st 06, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By David French
2 x 4 postmarks

Hello! Does anyone collect 2 x 4 postmarks anymore? I have an old
collection, nothing too fancy, but actually there could be some good
ones in there, I don't know, and I really don't want...
Forum: General Discussion September 20th 06, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By David French
2 x 4 postmarks

Hello! Does anyone collect 2 x 4 postmarks anymore? I have an old
collection, nothing too fancy, but actually there could be some good
ones in there, I don't know, and I really don't want it...
Forum: Marketplace September 18th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 11
Posted By David French
Are There Any Outstanding Trades With Me?

Hi -

If there are any outstanding trades with me, please send me an e-mail
and we'll discuss what's going on and get it cleared up. I want to
make sure that everyone gets...
Forum: General Discussion September 18th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 11
Posted By David French
Are There Any Outstanding Trades With Me?

Hi -

If there are any outstanding trades with me, please send me an e-mail
and we'll discuss what's going on and get it cleared up. I want to
make sure that everyone gets...
Forum: Marketplace September 18th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 11
Posted By David French
Selling Sand to Egypt.

Hmmm.... I have heard something about this in the past. Perhaps that
was the story in my sub-conscious when I asked the question!

What about the sand dredged up for the construction of Palm...
Forum: General Discussion September 18th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 11
Posted By David French
Selling Sand to Egypt.

Hmmm.... I have heard something about this in the past. Perhaps that
was the story in my sub-conscious when I asked the question!

What about the sand dredged up for the construction of Palm...
Forum: Marketplace September 17th 06, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 11
Posted By David French
Are There Any Outstanding Trades With Me?

Hi -

If there are any outstanding trades with me, please send me an e-mail
and we'll discuss what's going on and get it cleared up. I want to
make sure that everyone gets something out of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26