Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Taormina
Forum: General Discussion December 11th 07, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By John Taormina
(RCSD) Enquiry: Parcel Post Forms

I'm searching for information on parcel post forms (German: paketkarte;
French: bulletin d'expedition; Italian: bolletino pacco). I'm wanting to
know something of the history of these cards - How...
Forum: General Discussion April 28th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By John Taormina
1964 US postcard rate to Israel

wrote:
Does anyone know what the US rate was for a postcard mailed to
Israel? More generally, does anyone know of a website that includes
US postal rate history information...
Forum: General Discussion April 14th 07, 10:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By John Taormina
Fw: Get your Diploma {}fast and esay today!

If your diplomas are worth as much as your manners, I'm guessing they
would be worthless!

(270) 818-7244 Beatrice wrote:
Greetings Meadowcroft!!!
Tehre are no mandtaory tests, classes, books,...
Forum: General Discussion April 14th 07, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By John Taormina
Cut Squares

G'day to you too Rod!
And also staggering was Lot#822 [one of two recorded covers bearing a £2
Kangaroo] that was offered to Rod Perry in 1990 for $750. He rejected it
as being too expensive. It...
Forum: General Discussion April 14th 07, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By John Taormina
Cut Squares

In connection with various discussions on 'cut squares' and if they are
still collectible, I thought that lot #1483 in the Shreves Collector's
Series Sale - April 12-14, 2007, would be of interest....
Forum: General Discussion April 5th 07, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 23
Posted By John Taormina
anarchist "stamps"

Terry Reedy wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

| "malcolm" wrote in message
| I am not an...
Forum: General Discussion March 28th 07, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By John Taormina
Aust~postal stationery cut outs.

Rod wrote:
Any collectors of such items may rejoice,
there is a dealer that has supplies in Perth.
http://cjoint.com/data/dCcgMoxdb3.htm

460Kb image

Further details
Forum: General Discussion March 23rd 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By John Taormina
Help with Russian Notations

Blair and Victor: Many thanks for your replies.
John Taormina

John Taormina wrote:
I need help with translation of Russian script on two WWI Red Cross
covers. I'm hoping someone here can...
Forum: General Discussion March 23rd 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By John Taormina
Help with Russian Notations

I need help with translation of Russian script on two WWI Red Cross
covers. I'm hoping someone here can help.
The first is on an American Red Cross Hospital Cover...
Forum: General Discussion March 19th 07, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By John Taormina
Using stock sheets: stamp size problem

Dealer would be Max Stern

John Mycroft wrote:
I have the same problem as I collect German combination issues which
come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Many years (maybe 5) ago I bought
a...
Forum: General Discussion February 28th 07, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By John Taormina
Nepal Covers.

Hi Rod
It's a small world! Hope you get the info you need. Nepal is a
fascinating area, one that I've been tempted to collect over the years
.... but as a postal historian I look at the price of...
Forum: General Discussion February 28th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By John Taormina
Nepal Covers.

Rod wrote:
I have a swag of these tissue paper, stampless covers?
with lots of handstrikes and cachets.
I have no idea what I have, any quick route to ID?
links? any idea on date ID for Nepal...
Forum: General Discussion February 25th 07, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By John Taormina
Edmonton, Alberta Spring Show needs exhibits

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 01:50:46 GMT, John Taormina
found these unused words floating about:

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
On 23 Feb 2007...
Forum: General Discussion February 25th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By John Taormina
France Prephilately

John Taormina wrote:
I have been offered a wonderful collection of French stampless covers
from 1628 to 1867. Before I decide to purchase or not, I need to read up
on the markings etc. Can...
Forum: General Discussion February 24th 07, 09:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By John Taormina
France Prephilately

Jay T. Carrigan wrote:
See http://www.i-net.fr/marcophilie/.

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article...
Forum: General Discussion February 24th 07, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By John Taormina
Edmonton, Alberta Spring Show needs exhibits

Victor Manta wrote:
"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
On 23 Feb 2007 11:47:00 -0800, "Bobstamp"...
Forum: General Discussion February 24th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By John Taormina
Edmonton, Alberta Spring Show needs exhibits

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
On 23 Feb 2007 11:47:00 -0800, "Bobstamp" found these
unused words floating about:

Dear philatelic exhibitor,

Below is the text of an e-mail...
Forum: General Discussion February 24th 07, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By John Taormina
France Prephilately

I have been offered a wonderful collection of French stampless covers
from 1628 to 1867. Before I decide to purchase or not, I need to read up
on the markings etc. Can anyone here suggest a book...
Forum: General Discussion January 11th 07, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By John Taormina
The TES collection - looking for info

Roger Hunt wrote:
Greetings r.c.s.d

I wonder if anyone knows ....

Here I have a printed catalogue of the Christie's sale, in 1995, of the
TES collection of GB QV line-engraved...
Forum: General Discussion December 19th 06, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By John Taormina
Christmas Philatelic Club etc.

This has probably been posted before, but at this time of the year, I
thought this link might be appreciated by some.
http://www.hwcn.org/link/cpc/cpc_collect.html
and (of...
Forum: General Discussion December 18th 06, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By John Taormina
Credit card

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 02:48:52 GMT, John Taormina
found these unused words floating about:

wrote:
What is a Credit...
Forum: General Discussion December 17th 06, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By John Taormina
New site for collectors of dutch indies dotcancels

wrote:
Please, visit my new site www.puntstempels.nl there's a lot of
information and images of the dutch indies dotcancels 1874 -1893.

Regards,

Hans Kruse

Thank...
Forum: General Discussion December 17th 06, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By John Taormina
Credit card

wrote:
What is a Credit Card?br
Put simply, a credit card is just a small piece of plastic that easily
fits in your wallet. Well, it's not 'just a piece of plastic';...
Forum: General Discussion December 16th 06, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By John Taormina
Mounting question

Peter Cookham wrote:
My experience with postit notes is that they never leave a residue, but
I'd never thought about using them as mounts.

I agree 100% about hingeless mounts killing the...
Forum: General Discussion December 15th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By John Taormina
The Blue Cross

Rod wrote:
My server was uanble to address your post in this NG
Maybe the blue cross was a type of early
"alchoholics annonymous" ?
Type in "louis-lucien rochat" in your Google browser
and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41