Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MK3
Forum: General Discussion January 17th 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By MK3
Sell Your Collections and earn easy money

Oooh looky an affiliate link.

wrote in message
If you are a collector and have a lot of Stamps / Coins /...
Forum: General Discussion January 17th 07, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By MK3
Curiosity Corner #284: "Cocking a Snook"

Seems more likely that they would be smoking a c**k
and then you may well have wished it was you. :))

I remember young girls employing this language
in the school yard, (not at me, thank...
Forum: General Discussion January 11th 07, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By MK3
50 GREATE INDIANS ON FDCS

A nice email to might put paid to further spam from
this
mentally defective soul.

wrote in message...
Forum: General Discussion January 5th 07, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By MK3
Nice trivia on stamps

Do you have enough ads on your site or would you like hints on where to find
more?

"duga" wrote in message
Check...
Forum: General Discussion January 3rd 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By MK3
1940 slogan.

Meat fat for gunpowder:
http://www.postersofwar.co.uk/images/M/MIMG_2054.jpg

Being blown up by a pork chop could be rather unpleasant methinks.
Forum: General Discussion January 3rd 07, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By MK3
Turkey question to Scott users

I've picked up a Scott catalogue once or twice so I feel suitably qualified
to answer this.

Just pop your turkey in the oven and give it about 20 minutes per pound. :))

"Tony Vella"...
Forum: General Discussion January 3rd 07, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By MK3
Curiosity Corner #276: Cinderella time~Hutt River

After checking out his somewhat amusing website he seems to check
*passports*,
run the post office and conduct the guided tours where he gets to dress up
in daft
clothes and parade around in front...
Forum: General Discussion January 2nd 07, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By MK3
Curiosity Corner #276: Cinderella time~Hutt River

http://www.hutt-river-province.com/HRP_Stamp_Catalogue.htm

Even more of them here at what appears to be their official site.

"Rod" wrote in message...
Forum: General Discussion December 31st 06, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By MK3
She will love you more than any other guy

Are you able to guarantee that if I buy your product that I can also
completely
satisfy gerbils and other small rodents as well?

"Luis Edwards" wrote in...
Forum: General Discussion December 29th 06, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By MK3
NEW YEAR STAMPING OFFER

How many times do you need to post this garbage before
you take a clue?

Even if I did collect Indian stamps you would certainly be the
last person I would buy anything...
Forum: General Discussion December 28th 06, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By MK3
REPHRASED: *WHY* do you soak stamps?

See inline comments:

Sorry folks, I made an error. Wrong phrasing on my part has led to
answers on 'how' and my intent was around the 'why'. If you will
forgive me I will rephrase the question...
Forum: General Discussion December 28th 06, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By MK3
When to soak a stamp?

If they are glued in it is probably better to leave well alone or
to cut carefully around the stamps leaving a good border of
album page so as not to accidently cut into the stamps.

If the glue is...
Forum: General Discussion December 28th 06, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By MK3
Where Does Every Share their Collections & Discuss?

Or get your own site and install something like the Gallery 2 software
which is free.
http://gallery.menalto.com/gallery_2_0_released

That way you are not limited to how many pictures or views
you...
Forum: General Discussion December 28th 06, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By MK3
When to soak a stamp?

Snip

Stamps can be removed with products such as stamplift or a sweatbox
which don't have the same potential to do damage as soaking in water.

If you really must soak them in water then you...
Forum: General Discussion December 27th 06, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By MK3
When to soak a stamp?

Be careful what you soak!

Stamps printed with fugitive inks are easily ruined by soaking.

"Smith" wrote in message...
Forum: Marketplace December 18th 06, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By MK3
a new philatelic website

Did you like buy a box of 1,000's world stamps for about $2 the lot on ebay
and decide
to sell them at $1 each + or something?

lol

"Poppe-stamps" wrote in message...
Forum: General Discussion December 18th 06, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By MK3
OLD INDIAN COINS AND STAMPS - RARE COLLECTION

Please send me large scans of all these wonderful items to

Thank you!

OLD INDIAN COINS AND STAMPS - RARE COLLECTION

Get Indian / Asian / World Stamps and Coins for what you have...
Forum: General Discussion December 13th 06, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By MK3
Curiosity Corner #268: The ultimate Machin. (OT wit / sarcasm)

LOL haven't seen any Green Shield stamps in years!

(Gary's brother is Tony Shields from "Shield's Stamps and coins")

Was that 'Green Shield's Stamps'?

sorry...

Forum: General Discussion December 11th 06, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By MK3
Watermark Fluid Question

Sounds like the container may not be properly airtight, I had a container
that did that once sue to the lid not properly sealing.

I mainly use lighter fluid now though, the benzine free variety due...
Forum: General Discussion December 5th 06, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By MK3
New variety of Nigerian Scam

http://www.419eater.com

Many samples of Nigerian scam and and advanced fee fraud letters can
be found above as well as pictures of many of these 419 scammers etc,
many might find it amusing to see...
Forum: General Discussion December 5th 06, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By MK3
OLD INDIAN FIRST DAY COVERS (FDC)

Try a garbage can, that would be the best place for them. :)

OLD INDIAN FIRST DAY COVERS (FDC)
Available the following items with approximate prices as follows. I
will accept exchanges also....
Forum: General Discussion December 5th 06, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By MK3
Looking Back #182 - G.B. 'Stock Exchange' Forgery

http://www.philatelics.org/publications/stockexforgery.pdf

A more detailed study of the Stock Exchange forgery including
lettering combinations it has been discovered with, dates used
and why it is...
Forum: General Discussion December 5th 06, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By MK3
Great new wbsite with an awesome display of stamps

A waste of good bandwidth and hard drive space and a thinly disguised google
adsense site.

"Bill Sharpe" wrote in message...
Forum: General Discussion October 6th 06, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By MK3
Dodgy Dealers

Figured as much. :)

There's a relatively new (to me) website dealing with (primarily) eBay
sellers who
appear to be 'dodgy'.

Use it to double check or help add to questionable...
Forum: General Discussion October 4th 06, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By MK3
Dodgy Dealers

The Mulready Group by any chance?

There's a relatively new website dealing with (primarily) eBay sellers who