Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 2.44 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alan Marshall[_2_]
Forum: Coins April 14th 08, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Spink takeover

Which one is it, that tiny thing in a back alley in the center of york?

Alan Marshall
"note.boy" wrote in message
Forum: Coins March 16th 08, 10:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
A chance to own a unique coin?

Without even looking at the auction, its most probably a contempary forgery.

ok, looking at the auction now (btw, I have several of what i think it will
be).

Yep, im right, forgery that was...
Forum: Coins March 11th 08, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
1855 Braided Hir Large Cent ..Full red with no mellowing, best I've ever seen!

What happened with this ira, I saw you ended it early.

Sell it offline, or decide to keep it?

Alan Marshall

"Ira" wrote in message...
Forum: Coins March 4th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
1855 Braided Hir Large Cent ..Full red with no mellowing, best I've ever seen!

Just a shame the slab its in is so grotty.

Would PCGS reslab it without trying to regrade for a fee?

Such a wonderful coin needs to be displayed to its finest.

This is the first "Ira coin" ive...
Forum: Coins February 20th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Interesting price.

I have one of these, loose + single.
I bought it from ebay for £26 about a year ago (Unc), they are pretty
uncommon.

This is a silly price, but ive seen worse.

Alan Marshall

"note.boy"...
Forum: Coins February 7th 08, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Lunatic.

Count how many bidders that go above the sensible price, 4 or something.

"don't look" don't wrote in message...
Forum: Coins February 6th 08, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Lunatic.

You realise this is a Proof?

And yes, ive seen plenty of them go a rainbow color naturally due to the
crappy cases.

This is quite normal and ild price it around £6 to £8

"note.boy"...
Forum: Coins October 20th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Need French coin 1 decime ID

With what your describing, you have it correct.

A Un Decime (10 centimes) from L'an 8 (late 1799 to 1800)
K mint = Bordeaux.

Its a common mint/date for issue, prices out the same as a paris one of...
Forum: Coins October 2nd 07, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
The horror of it!

At least its graded correct.

ACM

"note.boy" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest a coin less appropriate to be...
Forum: Coins September 5th 07, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Crazy Colors

Not a coin, but I have a .925 silver teaspoon (from 1841) I use in the
kitchen.

Occasionally if left for a while that can turn a mirad of colours, mostly
often a deep blue + purple.
all thats used...
Forum: Coins September 4th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
any idea about this 1690 France coin?

38mm / 27 grams puts it at a full Ecu, very difficult to tell apart without
knowing the size.

They were often overstuck on earlier coins like oly said.

Alan Marshall

"Yun" ...
Forum: Coins September 4th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
any idea about this 1690 France coin?

Also, in that condition, your looking at it being worth around $300-600 -
depending on the mint (thats going by Krause VF - XF priceing)
however, the doublestrike may detract from the value somewhat...
Forum: Coins September 4th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
any idea about this 1690 France coin?

Looks to me like a 1/4 Ecu of Louis 14th
strangely double struck (more noticeable on the reverse, abut a X is visable
above the kings head)

Cannot quite work out what mint, as that (the center of...
Forum: Coins August 21st 07, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 65
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
People are stupid

This is getting stupid.

crappy dog of a coin though.

Alan Marshall

"Anka" wrote in message
On Aug 21, 6:49?pm,...
Forum: Coins August 6th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Coin Speculators & Tightening Credit Conditions

Do you actually collect coins Oly ?

Alan Marshall

"oly" wrote in message
Since Ira wanted to incite me this...
Forum: Coins July 19th 07, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
grammar question

I would go with the Priority then secondary

Bronze, Silver-plated.

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall"AT"cableone.net wrote in message
I am working...
Forum: Coins July 16th 07, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
1909-S VDB Lincoln Cent PCGS MS-65 RD PQ

Looks like a weaker strike to me, abes beard and hair above his ear isnt the
best.

The reverse however is beautiful

Alan Marshall

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message...
Forum: Coins July 8th 07, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Advice needed / Error Coin

And the fact that theres 2 ( or even 3) reversed strikes suggests its run
over by more than 1 wheel, and moved slightly.

almost certinally a rail trail piece.

"Alan Marshall"...
Forum: Coins July 8th 07, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Advice needed / Error Coin

Consider that one strike on that is from a nickel, and it looks inverted,
good chance its been a sandwich

Yes, enough weight on a train will really pancake a coin.

"ishka.bibble"...
Forum: Coins July 5th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 27
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Just a point of clarification from Ira

Ira, I dont know why you let the gibberings of that clown get to you.

He obviously has NO IDEA that a coin collector can choose what to collect.

To me a 55 DD is MORE of a coin than a $20 gold...
Forum: Coins July 5th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Pics of my 1936-S Mercury Dime

"Ruben" wrote in message
I can't tell anymore if I enjoy collecting coins more or less than just
taking pictures...
Forum: Coins July 5th 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By Alan Marshall[_2_]
Pics of my 1936-S Mercury Dime

Hard to guess 67 when its printed on the label :)

"Bob Hairgrove" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 08:31:28 -0400,...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22