Showing results 1 to 25 of 176
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Ciszek
Forum: Coins August 31st 14, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Sacagaweas

I routinely get rolls of dollar coins from the bank and use them in
vending machines and general commerce. Occasionaly they include the
post-2000 Sacajaweas. Recently one had the reverse...
Forum: Coins July 14th 14, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Senators again try to replace dollar bill with coin

In article ,
Barney wrote:
"Mike Dworetsky" wrote...
Forum: Coins March 18th 14, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 29
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Calif. couple strike $10 million gold-coin bonanza

In article ,
wrote:
See the thread started by "Ricko" over at PCGS Forum/ U.S. coins. My
thoughts on the upcoming legal...
Forum: Coins March 18th 14, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 29
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Calif. couple strike $10 million gold-coin bonanza

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:
On 2/28/2014 8:55 AM, ruben safir wrote:

eh - something is wrong with this story. Another shoe is...
Forum: Coins December 14th 13, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Decided to try photographing a coin in detail

In article ,
ruben safir wrote:

OK - but if you want, I can give you your own webspace on the NYKXS web
server.

Ruben

or you can...
Forum: Coins December 9th 13, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Decided to try photographing a coin in detail

In article ,
ruben safir wrote:
On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 15:45:30 +0000, Paul Ciszek wrote:

I recently obtained a 50mm macro lens for my micro four...
Forum: Coins December 6th 13, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

Michael Benveniste wrote:
On 12/2/2013 10:45 AM, Paul Ciszek wrote:
I recently obtained a 50mm macro lens for my micro four...
Forum: Coins December 2nd 13, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Decided to try photographing a coin in detail

I recently obtained a 50mm macro lens for my micro four thirds camera,
and decided to try some macrophotography using extension tubes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mount_evans/11133882464/

Right...
Forum: Coins December 7th 12, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Congress considers doing away with the $1 bill

In article ,
Ken Barr wrote:

IIRC, it was just a few years ago that the gubbermint discontinued the
"Strategic Helium Stockpile" that...
Forum: Coins October 27th 12, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Macabean Coins

These pictures would be sharper if you got a macro lens for your
camera, or learned the minimum focusing distance of the lens you
are using. It may seem counterintuitive, but you might actually
get...
Forum: Coins September 24th 12, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Afraid to Mention 'Gold'?

In article ,
Mike Benveniste wrote:
On 9/21/2012 6:25 PM, Paul Ciszek wrote:

Don't reserve ratios usually work the other way...
Forum: Coins September 21st 12, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Afraid to Mention 'Gold'?

In article ,
Mike Benveniste wrote:

In order to get to a gold standard at this point in history, the
United States would have to create a...
Forum: Coins September 20th 12, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Afraid to Mention 'Gold'?

In article ,
Jerry Dennis wrote:

Let the world go to hell in a handbasket and gold will be...
Forum: Coins September 20th 12, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Afraid to Mention 'Gold'?

In article ,
Frank Provasek wrote:

He has certainly stayed on message over the years. Key talking...
Forum: Coins September 10th 12, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Another 1933 Saint Story

In article ,
Jerry Dennis wrote:
I guess it shouldn't surprise me how much misinformation and flat out
lies...
Forum: Coins June 19th 12, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Mint Shipping Dollar Rolls

In article , Bremick wrote:
Still waiting for the Mint to send the Chester Arthur dollar roll I ordered
last April when they opened the order door. ...
Forum: Coins May 3rd 12, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Another new fantasy nation coin

In article ,
Edwin Johnston wrote:
The fantasy nation coin I designed was released by BlueWatersMint.com
last month and is still...
Forum: Coins May 1st 12, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Ciszek
I thought that direct ship via credit card had been discontinued?

Apparently you can buy an entire box of Native American dollars
with the mint mark of your choice, and pay via credit...
Forum: Coins April 12th 12, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Canada Modernizes Coinage with Penny Elimination and New $1, $2 Coins

In article ,
Frank Galikanokus wrote:

The U.S. is on it's way to becoming a second rate nation.

The fact the we cannot deal...
Forum: Coins March 30th 12, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Canada Kills The Penny

In article ,
Jim_Higgins wrote:
I wish we would get rid of the nation's most useless coin. Withdrawing
the paper dollar in favor of the dollar...
Forum: Coins March 26th 12, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Arthur Presidential Dollars

In article ,
Jerry Dennis wrote:
Just a heads-up for all, Chester A. Arthur dollars will be available
from the...
Forum: Coins March 5th 12, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Peru Says Spain Stole their Gold

In article ,
beekeep wrote:

I agree to a point. Taking us off the gold standard was just testing
what the Gov't could get away with its...
Forum: Coins February 21st 12, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Chester A. Arthur

In article ,
Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Feb 17, 2:29*pm, "Roßert G. Schaffrath"
Forum: Coins February 15th 12, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Ciszek
question to you guys

In article ,
sgt23 wrote:

I've not heard any wheres that it's illegal too own these. Please
provide...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 176