Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: note.boy
Forum: Coins August 30th 10, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By note.boy
Monster RAINBOW Color Dollar

Ugly ugly coin with chemical toning suitable for sale only on TV and not to
true coin collectors.. Billy

"JZrarities" wrote in message...
Forum: Coins July 31st 10, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By note.boy
Record number of fake British £1 coins could force reissue

They are either extremely good fakes or the number estimated to be in
circulation is far too high, I haven't spotted one for years.

Perhaps it's down to poorer eyesight as I age? :-) Billy

"Tom...
Forum: Coins June 20th 10, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By note.boy
OT World Cup

"Ian" wrote in message
On 19/06/2010 8:47 PM, note.boy wrote:
Congratulations to the USA from all Scottish people for...
Forum: Coins June 19th 10, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By note.boy
OT World Cup

Congratulations to the USA from all Scottish people for holding England to a
draw. :-) Billy
Forum: Coins May 22nd 10, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By note.boy
1794 silver dollar sells for record $7.85 million

It even got a mention the Glasgow Herald here in Scotland. Billy

"j-rod" wrote in message

1794 silver dollar sells for record $7.85...
Forum: Coins May 12th 10, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By note.boy
Scanning Coins - What Scanner?

If I were you I would buy a digital camera with a macro, close focus,
ability. Billy

"sealladh58" wrote in message...
Forum: Coins April 11th 10, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 74
Posted By note.boy
It's been a long, long time...

note.boy wrote:
"Nick Knight" wrote in message
Forum: Coins April 11th 10, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 29
Posted By note.boy
US Mint come through

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message
Forum: Coins April 10th 10, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 74
Posted By note.boy
It's been a long, long time...

"Nick Knight" wrote in message
In , on 04/09/2010
at 01:14 AM, Reid Goldsborough...
Forum: Coins April 10th 10, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 29
Posted By note.boy
US Mint come through

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"mazorj" wrote in message
Forum: Coins April 3rd 10, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By note.boy
which countries remove legal tender status from old currencies?

"yawnmoth" wrote in message
It's my understanding that in the United States, even now obsolete
Forum: Coins April 2nd 10, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By note.boy
Video from Fort Worth ANA Show

David Lisot wrote:
Some video clips from the ANA show in Fort Worth.

Forum: Coins February 3rd 10, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 43
Posted By note.boy
Are 2008-2009 nickels scarce?

"Rav" wrote in message
On 2/2/2010 5:03 PM, Bruce Remick wrote:
wrote in message
Forum: Coins December 4th 09, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 30
Posted By note.boy
Numismatist on PVC

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
note.boy wrote:
I've had some coins in PVC holders for over 40...
Forum: Coins December 4th 09, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 30
Posted By note.boy
Numismatist on PVC

"mazorj" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message
Forum: Coins December 3rd 09, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 30
Posted By note.boy
Numismatist on PVC

I've had some coins in PVC holders for over 40 years without any sign of
damage, perhaps it depends up the exact chemical makeup of the PVC.

The PVC does appear to be of the "soft" variety but the...
Forum: Coins November 11th 09, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By note.boy
Owl - again

I thought that I could see a base metal core in the test cuts. Billy

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
note.boy wrote:
A...
Forum: Coins November 10th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By note.boy
Owl - again

A contemporary counterfeit, $150. Billy

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
Here's yet another Owl. Can't get enough. This one is...
Forum: Coins November 7th 09, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Owl
Posted By note.boy
Owl

Is it a cast copy or a genuine coin that's been cleaned or whizzed, or both,
or neither? -) Billy

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message...
Forum: Paper Money October 23rd 09, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By note.boy
The worst ever?

Not exactly busting with information about the note, so is it worth £1 or
£5,000?

Their zero feedback is destined to remain at this level with this type of
listing with zero info given....
Forum: Coins October 20th 09, 10:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By note.boy
Is It True?

Not as far as I know, and I consider myself to be Scottish not British. :-)

Few in the UK consider themselves to be British, they are either Scottish,
Welsh, Irish or English.

If asked on a form...
Forum: Coins October 19th 09, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 24
Posted By note.boy
Jaggers rant (WAS Gold prices plummet!) You have been warned

I could not care less how many smokers die by slow suicide but if one non
smoker does via second hand smoke then it's one too many that has to be
prevented no matter how many smokers whine about...
Forum: Coins October 3rd 09, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 220