Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Halork
Forum: Coins February 7th 12, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Halork
US Mint Degrades Shipping Yet Again

Just when I thought the Mint's shipping service couldn't get any
worse, they've managed to do it. Not only are they using UPS, the
worst of the national shipping companies, but they are now...
Forum: Coins June 10th 11, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Halork
Canada Issues Silver/Niobium Coin

So Canada has begun selling the first in a series of bimetallic silver
and niobium coins, joining several European countries that have
already done so. I like the coloring of the niobium core; I...
Forum: Coins September 30th 09, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Halork
Artwork Reviewed For 2010 National Park Quarters

I like many of these designs.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/Will_artwork_match_quarter_ambitions/
Forum: Coins January 13th 09, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Halork
2009 Pennies

I haven't seen anything on the mint's website about the release of the
2009 pennies; I would assume an initial release around the time of
Lincoln's Birthday, but the mint only mentions the...
Forum: Coins January 24th 08, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Halork
2008 NASA 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coins: Any hope?

As far as I know, the NASA coins were the only other commemoratives
planned for 2008 besides the Bald Eagle coins. Am I mistaken, or will
there be only one commemorative program this year? (I'm NOT...
Forum: Coins January 24th 08, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Halork
2008 NASA 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coins: Any hope?

Given that the bill authorizing the NASA commemorative coins is still
in Congress, is there any realistic hope of these coins being released
this year? The mint needs a reasonable lead time to...
Forum: Coins May 13th 07, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By Halork
State Quarter Designs: Best and Worst

Michael G. Koerner wrote:
Halork wrote:
Now that we have designs for all 50 states, the best designs are (IMHO):

1. Oregon
2. Rhode Island
3. Maine
4. Nebraska
5. Colorado
Forum: Coins May 12th 07, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By Halork
State Quarter Designs: Best and Worst

Amistad wrote:
"Halork" tossed out what may be a veiled insult, with:
Dishonorable Mention: New Hampshire... the only state to put a turd on
their quarter.

Just now had a look, but it...
Forum: Coins May 12th 07, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote:
On May 12, 7:22 am, Halork wrote:
Now that we have designs for all 50 states, the best designs are (IMHO):

1. Oregon
2. Rhode Island
3....
Forum: Coins May 12th 07, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By Halork
State Quarter Designs: Best and Worst

Now that we have designs for all 50 states, the best designs are (IMHO):

1. Oregon
2. Rhode Island
3. Maine
4. Nebraska
5. Colorado

Honorable Mention: Both Alaska's and Arizona's designs are nice;...
Forum: Coins January 25th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Halork
final designs for Arizona

Ed Hendricks wrote:
stonej wrote:
George D wrote:
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/quarters/quarters_main.html
--
Those who would give up ESSENTIAL LIBERTY to purchase a little
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11