Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rodney
Forum: General Discussion June 30th 09, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rodney
Quarantain Station

Probably an immigrant as he/she was ashore.
It is always difficult when the name is not entirely decipherable "Andeson"?
May be linked to the addressee, a Pastor "Rev"?
Certainly educated as the...
Forum: General Discussion June 30th 09, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rodney
Quarantain Station

Probably innocuous Peter,
either mandatory if the author was an immigrant,
or if the ship had an infectious disease aboard,
and the person had to wait the incubation period of the disease,
prior to...
Forum: General Discussion June 29th 09, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By rodney
France~Happy New Year Cancel Num 116.

http://cjoint.com/data/gDqAnPCfZH.htm

"rodney"
It is that awful cardboard hue, I cannot recall the reason.
Forum: General Discussion June 29th 09, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By rodney
France~Happy New Year Cancel Num 116.

Oh dear. My apologies Bruno, a typo (and my spell checker failed to pick it
up ;-)
Thanks for the interesting preamble.
I thought you may mention papers :)
It is that awful cardboard hue, I cannot...
Forum: General Discussion June 29th 09, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By rodney
France~Happy New Year Cancel Num 116.

La Sameuse 15c
http://cjoint.com/data/gDpcIbQrAc.htm
Forum: General Discussion June 29th 09, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By rodney
gb query~stock exchange po.

On the forged cancellations 1870-1873 qv issues,
we see the name of the Post Office "Stock Exchange"
for the Stock Exchange Post Office.

Would this be the same post office situated in Threadneedle...
Forum: General Discussion June 29th 09, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rodney
Quarantain Station

"rodney"
any idea of the wmk?
Ooops! has to be 1st wmk.
Forum: General Discussion June 29th 09, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rodney
Quarantain Station

Very nice Peter,
pity "MANLY" received a light strike.
Kristiana (Olslo) pmk as well, nicely struck on the back.
Any chance of a close up of the roo?
(what a great design that was!)
any idea of the...
Forum: General Discussion June 28th 09, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rodney
Quarantain Station

Not a philatelically choice, turn of phrase there Peter :)

"peter Baumann"
I'm really happy, that I got my fingers on that item.
Pter
Forum: General Discussion June 28th 09, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By rodney
Czechoslovakia ID's please.

Thank you Victor, thank you Chris.
I can now put the Czech folder to bed, all sorted.

I wonder what SG mean by "or by subscription"

- May 14, 1976. 55 Years...
Forum: General Discussion June 28th 09, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By rodney
Czechoslovakia ID's please.

Thank you Peter,
into the "revenues"" folder then.
The two gummed issues have interesting red "moire" anti forgery patterns.

"Peter Baumann"
The word "Kolek" means "Stamp" - so these one's should...
Forum: General Discussion June 28th 09, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By rodney
News from the dumpster....

OK thanks Tony,
I'll keep an eye out.

"Asia-translation" wrote in message
Don't...
Forum: General Discussion June 28th 09, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By rodney
Trading stamps with postal validity.

Australian Stamp News November 1971

http://cjoint.com/data/gCfvGdqYS4.htm
Forum: General Discussion June 28th 09, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By rodney
Laos error.

Laotian Orchids (2 errors)
SG322 (1971)
Ascocentrum miniatur

Orchid image is Ascocentrum Curieifolium

The name should end in "miniatum" not miniatur.

acknowledgement: Mr E Boon, Wadestown...
Forum: General Discussion June 28th 09, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By rodney
Czechoslovakia ID's please.

Possibly revenues.
IIRC I have requested ID on these before,
but I cannot source the reply, I apologise for this in advance.
http://cjoint.com/data/gCebsgcmMZ.htm

2 minisheets
the LHS I cannot...
Forum: General Discussion June 27th 09, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By rodney
It's cinderella time~ "Snooky ookums"

For Aussies perhaps interested
"picture Australia" has 84 pictures of the Omrah
just use the search string "Omrah"
http://www.pictureaustralia.org/

Some pictures include German prisoners taken...
Forum: General Discussion June 27th 09, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By rodney
AR Card ~ more.

This is still not AR,
in my opinion this is a complete farce.
For example, I received a package for one our host students from Japan
yesterday,
the AustPost contractor dumped it at my feet, and I...
Forum: General Discussion June 27th 09, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By rodney
It's cinderella time~ "Snooky ookums"

Based on the information within,
we can conclude the cover with the censorship mark
was posted aboard ship, that raises the question why stamps were attached at
all?
Forces mail posted aboard ship...
Forum: General Discussion June 27th 09, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By rodney
AR Card ~ more.

I must disagree Blair,
this is Registration, not "AR"
under "conditions apply"
confirmation of receipt is not an option.

comments?

"Blair" wrote in message...
Forum: General Discussion June 27th 09, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By rodney
It's cinderella time~ "Snooky ookums"

The Omrah
http://cjoint.com/data/gBpo6crMc5.htm

"rodney" wrote in message

Details and images about the "AIF"...
Forum: General Discussion June 27th 09, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By rodney
It's cinderella time~ "Snooky ookums"

Details and images about the "AIF" overprints.
http://cjoint.com/data/gBpkfa4Ysz.htm
Forum: General Discussion June 27th 09, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By rodney
It's cinderella time~ "Snooky ookums"

On Friday 19th September 1913, the members of the Ship's Company
of RMS "Omrah" in the Indian Ocean, performed "Snooky Ookums"
the Irving Berlin song, for all those in attendance.

Floating around in...
Forum: General Discussion June 27th 09, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By rodney
AR Card ~ more.

Unknown Blair,
I usually scan both sides if marks are present,
but this was in 2004, and I am not sure if I was so diligent then.
The cover would be in plastic in the attic somewhere :(

"Blair"
Forum: General Discussion June 27th 09, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By rodney
News from the dumpster....

I have lost it Tony, archived under something different,
I think it was a 1/- roo.
If there exists E2 and E# perhaps EC was E "C"entral
I am fairly confident it was a C

"Asia-translation"
Looks...
Forum: General Discussion June 27th 09, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By rodney
10c postage

"stamps on bombs"
Australian Stamp News Vol 39 Issue 11
http://cjoint.com/data/gBhGfgZr7Y.htm

This process was mandated by the Unabomber experience.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500