Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.88 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ralphael1
Forum: General Discussion July 5th 10, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Ralphael1
Disturbing facts.

On Jul 4, 11:47*am, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
rein news.xs4all.nl found these unused words:

Raphael,

Why are 100% of all UK stamps printed on paper supplied by...
Forum: General Discussion July 3rd 10, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Ralphael1
Disturbing facts.

The following four items, (printed verbatim) were not known to me
until I looked at some illegal stamps.
There are quite a few illegals floating around. Herrick Stamp, (Kent
Research) sells...
Forum: General Discussion July 3rd 10, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Ralphael1
Collection Focus

On Jul 3, 8:28*am, Albert wrote:
On 4 jun, 17:36, Art wrote:

On Jun 4, 7:54*am, Ralphael1 wrote:

I have known for...
Forum: General Discussion June 22nd 10, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Ralphael1
Late catalog listing

On Jun 21, 4:47*pm, Billns wrote:
On 6/21/2010 9:28 AM, Billns wrote:

On 6/20/2010 3:21 PM, Ralphael1 wrote:
On Jun 20, 1:33 pm, ...
Forum: General Discussion June 20th 10, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Ralphael1
Late catalog listing

On Jun 20, 1:33*pm, Billns wrote:
On 6/20/2010 3:18 AM, Ralphael1 wrote:

Some stamps do not appear in Scott catalog for several years after
they are released,...
Forum: General Discussion June 20th 10, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Ralphael1
Late catalog listing

Some stamps do not appear in Scott catalog for several years after
they are released, anyone know why it takes so long?
One factor is that the Scott catalogs are issued one at a time and
eight months...
Forum: General Discussion June 17th 10, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Ralphael1
Stamps we should resist/avoid

On Jun 16, 3:01*pm, Tony Clayton wrote:
In a recent message "Victor Manta" wrote:

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
Forum: General Discussion June 14th 10, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Ralphael1
a little OT

On Jun 14, 6:50*am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Ralphael1" wrote in message

On Jun 12,...
Forum: General Discussion June 13th 10, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralphael1
Beauty is in the eye

On Jun 12, 7:17*pm, Ralphael1 wrote:
Anyone know the official color designations of the 2010 Machins?
Someone once said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
This stamp...
Forum: General Discussion June 13th 10, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Ralphael1
a little OT

On Jun 12, 10:00*pm, "Pedro" wrote:
Looking at the backside of hundreds of machins with envelope paper still on.
The designs on the inner side of envelopes caught my...
Forum: General Discussion June 13th 10, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralphael1
Beauty is in the eye

Anyone know the official color designations of the 2010 Machins?
Someone once said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
This stamp accumulator says; "Color is in the eye of the beholder."
Machins...
Forum: General Discussion June 11th 10, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Ralphael1
Stamps we should resist/avoid

Attn; Victor
It has been just over nine years since you penned/published/
copyrighted an article on Stamps We Should Resist and Stamps We Should
Avoid.
The article listed 25 country stamps to resist...
Forum: General Discussion June 6th 10, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Ralphael1
Reused Cover. Was: Off topic...Ping Postmaster SNA

On Jun 6, 2:39*pm, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"Ralphael1" wrote in message

Forum: General Discussion June 5th 10, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Ralphael1
Off topic...Ping Postmaster SNA

Victor, while going through some old stuff nI found a cover; Consulate-
General of Spanish North Africa to me when I was in the hospital
having my heart operation. It has the finger returning it to...
Forum: General Discussion June 5th 10, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Ralphael1
Collection Focus

On Jun 4, 4:36*pm, Art wrote:
On Jun 4, 7:54*am, Ralphael1 wrote:

I have known for quite awhile that to be good at collecting I must
stay...
Forum: General Discussion June 4th 10, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Ralphael1
Collection Focus

I have known for quite awhile that to be good at collecting I must
stay focused.
I have also found that I cannot work several different collections at
one time.
If I put a collection aside for a few...
Forum: General Discussion June 1st 10, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Ralphael1
What happened?

On May 31, 5:02*am, Peter Buder wrote:
Is this group drying out, due to lac of interest? Or is there anything
else, I did not realize? Where is Rodney?

Peter
Forum: General Discussion May 26th 10, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Ralphael1
Three stamp IDs please

On May 26, 11:24*am, yoyo wrote:
I have no clue why Scott has Mint and NH prices.
I have no clue why nearly all stamp dealers/people use MNH either.
I have no clue...
Forum: General Discussion May 26th 10, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Ralphael1
Three stamp IDs please

On May 25, 7:59*pm, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Billns found these unused words:

See inline comments:

Bill

On 5/25/2010 3:30 AM,...
Forum: General Discussion May 26th 10, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Ralphael1
Three stamp IDs please

On May 25, 11:14*am, Billns wrote:
See inline comments:

Bill

On 5/25/2010 3:30 AM, Ralphael1 wrote:

On May 24, 7:16 pm, *wrote:
Forum: General Discussion May 25th 10, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Ralphael1
Three stamp IDs please

On May 24, 7:16*pm, yoyo wrote:
OK, here we go:
The 15¢ looks like a Scott 259, issued October 1895. Mint value
$325.00, used value, $60.00.
The red one is a...
Forum: General Discussion May 24th 10, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Ralphael1
Three stamp IDs please

On May 23, 11:17*pm, yoyo wrote:
Sorry, the links were messed up. For the first one, the link ishttp://www..flickr.com/photos/ykerzner/4633795985/.
For the duck stamp, the...
Forum: General Discussion May 21st 10, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Ralphael1
Machin album cover image recommendation

On May 21, 7:50*am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in ...

"Pedro"...
Forum: General Discussion May 19th 10, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Ralphael1
Machin album cover image recommendation

On May 19, 12:19*pm, "Pedro" wrote:
"Ralphael1" wrote in message

On May 18,...
Forum: General Discussion May 19th 10, 11:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Ralphael1
Newsgroup activity

On May 18, 7:56*pm, "rod allan" wrote:
Wow!
thanks for that lovely thought Ralph
that is very thoughtful of you, but alas they have not arrived.

I can only hope...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500