Showing results 1 to 25 of 191
Search took 1.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: stonej
Forum: Coins March 14th 09, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By stonej
Hard times in the UK force govt. to put Royal Mint up for sale

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article5908417.ece
Forum: Coins March 10th 09, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By stonej
Canada issues silver dollar to honor 100th anniversary of hockey team

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sports/Silver+dollar+honours+Canadiens+100th+anniversary/1373764/story.html
Forum: Coins March 10th 09, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By stonej
Very expensive coin missing in the mail

From another forum, thought I would post it here just in case someone
sees it.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=710165
Forum: Coins March 10th 09, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By stonej
Number one reason to own gold

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=6302
Forum: Coins March 10th 09, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By stonej
1894-S dime holds spot on list of rarities

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=6297
Forum: Coins March 10th 09, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By stonej
Congress adopts new authorization rules

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=6298
Forum: Coins March 10th 09, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By stonej
Little known medals make a challenging set

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=6296
Forum: Coins March 10th 09, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By stonej
Dime struck through reeding

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=6301
Forum: Coins March 10th 09, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By stonej
Gold $2.50 had a varied past

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=6299
Forum: Coins March 10th 09, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By stonej
India seeks rupee status symbol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7923825.stm
Forum: Coins March 7th 09, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Posted By stonej
Michael Marotta: Coin collectors are liars

If this group is any indication of the civility and friendliness of
the Coin Collector Community then I am not interested.

No it is not an indication, flame wars used to be common here but...
Forum: Coins February 14th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By stonej
eBay sellers making a killing on rolls of 2009 Lincoln cents

On Feb 14, 1:58*pm, Johnny Doe wrote:
They will only make, what, about a billion of each design?

Get your bids in, $25 boxes of 50 rolls bid up to $265 with 2 days
left!

Forum: Coins February 12th 09, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By stonej
Pretty strong stuff for a hobby publication!

On Feb 12, 9:09*am, oly wrote:
An interesting article from KP:

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=....

Bruce probably shouldn't read...
Forum: Coins February 9th 09, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By stonej
eBay Cancels Ancient Coin Auctions

Obviously the German Govt. got after Ebay about this, I suspect it
will not be long before all ancient coin auctions
are cancelled on Ebay since how could you prevent someone in Germany
from buying...
Forum: Coins February 6th 09, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By stonej
Coin Show

I was not there but have heard reports of some dealers selling coins
at a loss to get some cash flow moving, closing
their tables and taking the coins around to other dealers at the show
who are...
Forum: Coins February 5th 09, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By stonej
Collectors Universe Sells Currency Grading Division to NewCompany Led By Former Division President

Bottom line: not enough volume to make it worthwhile to the
company.

This is not surprising since there are a lot fewer pieces of
collectable currency out there worthy to slab
than there are for...
Forum: Coins February 1st 09, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By stonej
Collectors increasingly looking to turn possessions into cash

A lot of people are desperate, for awhile it was because of gas prices
but now it is just the overall bad economy
and job loss or being cut back to part time or loss of benefits that
are driving...
Forum: Coins January 23rd 09, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 32
Posted By stonej
Circulation find

On Jan 23, 3:36*pm, Edwin Johnston wrote:
Mr. Jaggers wrote:
I received a 1943-P "silver" nickel in change at WallyWorld this a.m.
Probably a Fine, tops, but it's the...
Forum: Coins January 22nd 09, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By stonej
WRME and NN in cahoots?

I don't think Chet Krause is involved in the day to day operations
since he retired and sold out
to a big publishing company. I'm sure that this kind of ad would
never appear in the old NN.

Krause...
Forum: Coins January 19th 09, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By stonej
Coin throwing --- Eight arrests after football game

On Jan 19, 10:44*am, "PC" wrote:

And I'll leave it to your...
Forum: Coins January 19th 09, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By stonej
Coin throwing --- Eight arrests after football game

"I have not seen this in the United States
yet."

The coin throwing is a European soccer thing at the present time,
part of the "hooligan" culture surrounding the sport. It has gotten
out of hand in...
Forum: Paper Money January 18th 09, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 4
Posted By stonej
FUN hits speed bump

"I really did expect to see weaker prices for coins," said Greg Rohan,
president of Heritage Auctions. "On a scale of 1 to 10, I expected a
6, was afraid of a 4, but I'd say it was (at least a 7 ½ or...
Forum: Coins January 4th 09, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By stonej
Another place that accepts USA$1 coins

On Jan 3, 4:35*pm, "Arizona Coin Collector" wrote:
"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in ...

I note that...
Forum: Coins January 3rd 09, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By stonej
Another place that accepts USA$1 coins

On Jan 3, 4:01*pm, RWF wrote:
On Jan 3, 3:25*pm, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

I note that within the past few weeks, the newsstand price of USAToday...
Forum: Coins December 30th 08, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By stonej
Thanks to Tom Chao, stonej, Arizona