Showing results 1 to 25 of 272
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DRebber
Forum: Juke Boxes July 12th 12, 11:37 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By DRebber
Richard, Quick lesson: When the computer decides...

Richard,

Quick lesson:
When the computer decides the magazine should scan around (i.e. going to home on power up, scanning to find selection or home, or the scan button is activated) it sends a...
Forum: Juke Boxes July 9th 12, 06:40 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By DRebber
Richard, Most likely, the gripper and trunion...

Richard,

Most likely, the gripper and trunion assembly is bound up due to dried out grease / lubricant. The gripper is the "bow" shaped arm that grips the CD as it transfers to and from the CD...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 9th 11, 05:35 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By DRebber
In the event you have not gotten it repaired,...

In the event you have not gotten it repaired, could you provide us with what color the covers are on the electronic assemblies?
Forum: Juke Boxes March 21st 11, 12:33 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By DRebber
Back in the day, we purchased those scales from...

Back in the day, we purchased those scales from the old Wico Corp. of Chicago. I am not sure who would carry them, but you might try searching for turntable repair items as related to old home...
Forum: Juke Boxes March 13th 11, 04:07 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By DRebber
Tonearm tracking (or skipping) is a function of...

Tonearm tracking (or skipping) is a function of tracking force, movement of the tonearm spindle in its base, and (sometimes) binding of the tonearm cable. I have seen a tonearm cable routed so that...
Forum: Juke Boxes March 5th 11, 11:07 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By DRebber
Aiden, It would help to have a little more...

Aiden,

It would help to have a little more input:

1. Does the machine operate the search motor during write-in?
2. Does the machine locate the proper selection pin?
3. Does the machine set the...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 27th 11, 10:12 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By DRebber
Question Rock-Ola 1475 Tempo II Control Box

Okay, guys (and girls if there are any out there) I need some info on a Rock-Ola 1475 Tempo II. The one I'm working on has some Control Box issues with the Interlock Relay. What I'd like to know is...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 24th 11, 02:41 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By DRebber
Dale, I don't have an original harness to look...

Dale,

I don't have an original harness to look at, but here is the drawing for the harness for a CDM-12 or CDPro as used in the wallmount jukes. Maybe you can make some sense of it along with...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 22nd 11, 01:23 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By DRebber
See? That's what I get for reading too fast and...

See? That's what I get for reading too fast and mix-mashing vinyl jukes and their CD counterparts. Unfortunately, I assumed you were using "search" as a term for "scan" aka magazine motor...

Glad...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 21st 11, 02:55 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By DRebber
Eric, As a rule: Use lightweight oil (3in1 or...

Eric,

As a rule: Use lightweight oil (3in1 or 10wt.) on any bronze bearing, gear (not bearing) grease (synthetic, greasegun) in a gearbox. Make sure that anything you use in the gearbox is not...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 21st 11, 12:57 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By DRebber
David, I guess I should have asked if you had a...

David,

I guess I should have asked if you had a VOM and was fimiliar with operating it, also. Nonetheless, to check the power to the player assembly (assuming you have the SyberSonic Electronics...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 19th 11, 01:08 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By DRebber
David, Most likely your player assembly has...

David,

Most likely your player assembly has failed. Even if you can detect the laser emission, it may be too weak to be within specifications.

However, you should check the input voltages and...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 10th 11, 02:16 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By DRebber
Dovers, If the mech is resting at home position...

Dovers,

If the mech is resting at home position when you make the selection and nothing happens, my first thought would be the microswitch and/or spring actuator on the top back side of the...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 7th 11, 01:13 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By DRebber
You might also try Mouser Electronics. In the...

You might also try Mouser Electronics.

In the event you cannot find the proper connector, you can hardwire in a new "inline" connection of your choosing. At least you will still be able to...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 4th 11, 09:32 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By DRebber
Victory Glass could be a source. As for what...

Victory Glass could be a source.

As for what they should look like, they ought to be light tan and have the appearance of gum rubber. They should not be cracked or "melted" looking.

While you're...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 26th 11, 01:49 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By DRebber
You merely need to clean and lubricate the...

You merely need to clean and lubricate the gripper and trunion assembly (the arm that grabs the record and the mechanism at its base). Note that the gripping action is spring actuated, whereas the...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 5th 11, 01:31 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By DRebber
Hey, Pipe! If you don't have one, try to beg,...

Hey, Pipe!

If you don't have one, try to beg, borrow, or steal a tone arm gauge. If you run the thing with pennies on the tonearm and you are tracking to heavily, it will prematurely wear out your...
Forum: Juke Boxes December 27th 10, 02:11 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By DRebber
I never did find the 494 schema I was searching...

I never did find the 494 schema I was searching for. However, it sounds as if you didn't need me after all. That's great! Have a Happy New Year!

Respectfully,

David
Forum: Juke Boxes December 21st 10, 04:37 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By DRebber
Pipeline, Sorry for the delayed response... You...

Pipeline,

Sorry for the delayed response...

You can still use the RMVC with one caveat. You will have to either hardwire it into the harness or replace the terminals and housing on the motorized...
Forum: Juke Boxes December 19th 10, 05:41 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By DRebber
Thumbs up Attached is a couple of .jps's for the standard...

Attached is a couple of .jps's for the standard motorized volume control kit. This should help simplify the setup process.

As for the third assembly with the orange pilot lamp on it, this should be...
Forum: Juke Boxes December 19th 10, 01:28 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By DRebber
The motorized volume control (can with the black...

The motorized volume control (can with the black knob on top) will mount inside the jukebox. Somewhere there will be a round Molex connector in the jukebox harnessing that is not connected to...
Forum: Juke Boxes December 12th 10, 11:24 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By DRebber
I vaguely remember working on a model 1000 about...

I vaguely remember working on a model 1000 about 12 or 15 years ago or so. However, the system used was similar to their regular 490 series commerical jukes. You probably should see a power supply...
Forum: Juke Boxes December 12th 10, 01:33 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By DRebber
The gear motors have enough reduction ratio that...

The gear motors have enough reduction ratio that the only way to ensure it is mechanically operable is to turn the armature shaft protruding through the end of the motor housing. Actuating the motor...
Forum: Juke Boxes December 8th 10, 03:09 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By DRebber
Look for direct email.

Look for direct email.
Forum: Juke Boxes December 6th 10, 08:06 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By DRebber
Remote volume controls for these older units were...

Remote volume controls for these older units were generally a wired, motorized unit. A control box that hung on the wall with an ON-OFF-ON momentary toggle switch would switch the UP / DOWN circuits...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 272