Showing results 1 to 25 of 497
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony Vella
Forum: General Discussion March 5th 10, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Tony Vella
Whatever became of ....

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message
Tony Vella wrote :

Has anyone heard from Pedro Cabrera Martín lately? For a while he...
Forum: General Discussion March 5th 10, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Tony Vella
Whatever became of ....

Has anyone heard from Pedro Cabrera Martín lately? For a while he was
contributing daily as he built up his collection and then suddenly he
disappeared. I have looked for him in es.rec...
Forum: General Discussion February 28th 10, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By Tony Vella
google and yahoo groups question

Does anyone know if or how the Google and Yahoo groups can be accessed
through Windows Live Mail or Outlook Express? Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada --...

I found an 1895 Danish 'coat of arms' type with a G.L. perfin and was
advised by friends on the Danish group that this represents GUSTAV LOTZE,
ODENSE (1899-1955). I was also given a link to an...
Forum: General Discussion February 23rd 10, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 15
Posted By Tony Vella
Spain~Charity label.

Hi Rodney. Not too much info about the stamp itself, I'm afraid, just some
peripheral stuff.

During the Civil War the move through Andalusia left many a town in hopeless
state and eventually...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 10, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony Vella
Special Delivery + Postage Due cover

Hi Joshua. I wonder of it could be Night-Sunday and Holiday Delivery?
Splitting the colour channels didn't help me much, I'm afraid.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Joshua McGee"...
Forum: General Discussion February 21st 10, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony Vella
Stamps ID

Hi Rod.
No Gibbons, I regret, but, for what it's worth, here's all the info listed
for the Lebanese Postal Tax in my '05 Scott. Hope it helps.
http://cjoint.com/data/cvmdTxjm7h.htm
--
Tony...
Forum: General Discussion February 21st 10, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"Richard Thouin" wrote in message
In article ,
"Tony Vella"...
Forum: General Discussion February 21st 10, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony Vella
Help ID again, please.

I have seen this stamp or label or whatever a million times and I know I
have one in my collection somewhere, and yet whenever I come across it time
and again I can't remember what the heck it's...
Forum: General Discussion February 20th 10, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By Tony Vella
Machine stamp questions

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message
Tony Vella a écrit :
Hello Rodney.

The mention of Pitney Bowes brought to mind a...
Forum: General Discussion February 20th 10, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 22
Posted By Tony Vella
OT..New computer burped, big time.

Hi Ralph.

The best backup I have found is an off-site server which I share with 4
other chappies - all retired translators and all in the same racket as I.
If you search around you can find 35...
Forum: General Discussion February 19th 10, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Vella
Spanish Civil war ID

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Feb 18, 2:01 pm, "Tony Vella" wrote:
Forum: General Discussion February 18th 10, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Vella
Spanish Civil war ID

'Cruzada contra el Paro' = 'Crusade Against Unemployment'
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message...
Forum: General Discussion February 18th 10, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Vella
Spanish Civil war ID

Hi Rod. Could you check the link, please? All I get is 'la página no
responde' (the page is not available) even when I enter the number directly
into the ebay search-page. TIA.
--
Tony...
Forum: General Discussion February 18th 10, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Inner Mongolia ????
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in message
Forum: General Discussion February 12th 10, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By Tony Vella
Machine stamp questions

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in message

"phantomm_1"
Rodney,
In the 2 examples I posted, there are no date and...
Forum: General Discussion January 28th 10, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony Vella
New France 'Solidarity with Haiti'

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 10:51 am, "Tony Vella" wrote:
Forum: General Discussion January 28th 10, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony Vella
New France 'Solidarity with Haiti'

http://cjoint.com/data/bCqK7roedi.htm

I have received notification from FilaCap Brazil of this new January 19
French Marianne issue: "Solidarity with Haiti" denominated at 1 euro plus
44 cents to...
Forum: General Discussion January 19th 10, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony Vella
Need contact in Brazil

"Toke Nørby" wrote in message
"Tony Vella" wrote:

Just before Christmas I lost a good friend...
Forum: General Discussion January 19th 10, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony Vella
Need contact in Brazil

Just before Christmas I lost a good friend of 30 years, a fellow translator
who came originally from Portugal, translated Portuguese for the federal
government for many years, retired in Rio and...
Forum: General Discussion January 16th 10, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 9
Posted By Tony Vella
Canada postmarks no 1

Hi Malcolm. Could no. 3 be Cartierville (Montreal West)? Cartie.... a wee
bit longer than Ibe...... ?
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

"malcolm"...
Forum: General Discussion January 5th 10, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By Tony Vella
ON-OFF Topic: backup to CD

About a year ago I was given 3 blank CDs to replace 3 I had lent. I
normally use Memorex but the ones I was given were Dollar Store specials by
the name of Rymex. I used one of them to back up...
Forum: General Discussion January 1st 10, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Vella
10c rarities.

And a very happy new year to you too, my friend.

Here's a load of guesswork on the cancellation of your Vazquez de Mella
stamp:

(co)nfie su(s) [trust your]
(ah)orros a [savings in]
(una) (ca)ja...
Forum: General Discussion December 31st 09, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Vella
10c rarities.

Hi Rod.
Just curious: caja is Spanish for box, like caja postal = post box, caja de
depósito = safety deposit box. Made me wonder what kind of cancellation
that is.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario,...

Blair and I are enjoying beautiful -16C weather today here in Ottawa.
However, the balmy temperatures are not supposed to last, it will be getting
cold later in the week. 36 degrees! Ice cream! ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 497