Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.65 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave
Forum: General Discussion October 3rd 08, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
[ot] free usenet provider?

"D. Stussy" wrote in message
"Philately"
wrote
in message...
Forum: General Discussion October 3rd 08, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
[ot] free usenet provider?

Thanks all. I think I'll try Google Groups for the moment, it looks simple
enough. I'm not really searching for a new ISP, since Comcast gives me nice
broadband access (plus cable TV & phone) so...
Forum: General Discussion October 2nd 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
[ot] free usenet provider?

Sorry for the off-topic post, but since my usenet usage is pretty limited,
this is sort of my "home" group. Seems Comcast is going to drop its usenet
access... great. I'm looking for...
Forum: Paper Money September 16th 08, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave
Completed The Series 661 MPC Set

Congrats, it's quite the good feeling to complete sets, countries, etc.
Those are nice looking notes.

Dave

"scottishmoney" wrote in message...
Forum: Paper Money July 20th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave
Currency featuring Pea Fowl

There is a beautiful note published in the French community with a peacock
on the back - I think all of these are essentially the same design - see...
Forum: General Discussion July 17th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave
Need some French terms defined

"Dominique Stéphan" wrote in message

For the FEC sign, I've never seen it (is it a banknote
thing ?). Perharps it...
Forum: General Discussion July 17th 08, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave
Need some French terms defined

"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message

http://www.staatliche-bibliothek-passau.de/staadi/nid/phs/m007.html

You can...
Forum: General Discussion July 17th 08, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave
Need some French terms defined

"bc92" wrote in message

X Inv means that X was the author of the original design (a sketch, most
often)
Forum: General Discussion July 17th 08, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave
Need some French terms defined

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message

Hi Dave,

If I recall correctly, we already had here a similar discussion months
(years...
Forum: General Discussion July 16th 08, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave
Need some French terms defined

As I look at who was involved in the making of French stamps and banknotes,
I'm getting confused on what the roles of the individuals are. Perhaps
someone here can help. Typically these acronyms...
Forum: Paper Money July 13th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
Large Note Carrying And Folding?

"Coffee's For Closers" wrote in message

Did they just have taller wallets, then? Or was it more common
for...
Forum: General Discussion July 7th 08, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave
Mustelidae checklist up to 412 stamps

"Joshua McGee" wrote in message

Out of curiosity, what breed?

Borzoi. I probably have 80 or so stamps. It could...
Forum: General Discussion July 6th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave
Mustelidae checklist up to 412 stamps

"Joshua McGee" wrote in message

The ATA is always looking for extra help on the lists, so if that's the
sort of...
Forum: General Discussion July 3rd 08, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave
Mustelidae checklist up to 412 stamps

"Joshua McGee" wrote in message
With the excellent assistance of Jill from Melbourne, the Mustelidae
(weasel...
Forum: Paper Money June 28th 08, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave
"French Printed" banknotes?

"scottishmoney" wrote in message

Greece really only had the "French printed" notes for the 1935 issue, they
were replaced in...
Forum: Paper Money June 28th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave
"French Printed" banknotes?

I'm in the process of updating my website with notes that I consider "French
Printed". I realized I'm not sure if that definition corresponds with my
collection, though. For early notes (say...
Forum: General Discussion June 3rd 08, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave
A Senior Moment

My US towers are faulty. Actually, I haven't had TV or cable for
almost 3 years. VHS & DVD rule...

Long before that - 80's something IIRC.

Here you go Tracy, in your free time......
Forum: General Discussion May 21st 08, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
(RCSD) French Marianne help please.

"Dominique Stéphan" wrote in message

There are several things that are quite interresting,
but I'm interrested in this...
Forum: General Discussion May 18th 08, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
(RCSD) French Marianne help please.

"Dominique Stéphan" wrote in message
Ralphael1 a écrit:

En english, there is a nice Web site about Marianne :
Forum: General Discussion November 8th 07, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave
(RCSD) New Yvert France Specialized?

Great info, thanks guys. I have the earlier edition, so it sounds like I can
save my money and pass on this new one.

Dave

"Stan Fairchild" wrote in message...
Forum: General Discussion November 7th 07, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave
(RCSD) New Yvert France Specialized?

I noticed in a recent Yvert advertisement that they have produced a new
France Specialized volume. Has anyone purchased a copy of this, that can
tell us about it? I think it replaces just volume 1...
Forum: General Discussion July 11th 07, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave
stamp albums

Primarily France and its colonies, possessions etc, although I'm just
starting into US and United Nations

Green Scott Specialty albums for France & Colonies. You'll need to find them
used,...
Forum: General Discussion October 29th 06, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
Sierra Leone ID

"Dave" wrote in message

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
Forum: General Discussion October 12th 06, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
Sierra Leone ID

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

Hi Dave:

Here are the souvenir sheets in Scott. (see images)

Wonderful...
Forum: General Discussion October 10th 06, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
Sierra Leone ID

Maybe someone with a catalog can help me ID something. I'm looking for a
Scott Catalog # for a souvenir sheet presumably issued in 1989 by Sierra
Leone. It has a single stamp on it, of a dog, and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25