Showing results 1 to 25 of 397
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ken Barr
Forum: Coins April 1st 17, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Ken Barr
NEWS: U. S. AND RUSSIA ANNOUNCE NEW JOINT CURRENCY

WOW! Just found this announcement posted in the newsgroup
news.announce.government.trump ...

U. S. AND RUSSIA ANNOUNCE NEW JOINT CURRENCY

Washington DC and Moscow Russia, April 1, 2017...
Forum: Coins August 17th 16, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken Barr
Can anyone explain what is meant by the term: "Graded PCGS *XC46"

In article ,
wrote:

when the encapsulated coin (a large cent) is graded by PCGS as VG10?
Also seen under this listing...
Forum: Coins August 16th 16, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken Barr
What to do with Kennedy half dollars?

In article ,
Barney wrote:

I bought a roll of Kennedy halfs for spending purposes only. What I ended
up getting was about half...
Forum: Coins April 1st 16, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken Barr
NEWS: PCGS To Encapsulate All Collectible Merchandise

Hmmmmm, I just found the following article posted in the
news.announce.biznessstuff.whatever newsgroup ... I wonder what effect
this will have on the collectibles...
Forum: Coins October 31st 15, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Ken Barr
LBJ Coin & Chronicles Set

In article ,
Jerry Dennis wrote:

[snip]
Ken, did something change with the Presidential Dollars Program? Back in the
Forum: Coins October 28th 15, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Ken Barr
LBJ Coin & Chronicles Set

Reportedly sold out at 3:57 PM Eastern time, so the 25,000 sets
were sold within four hours.

Seems odd that it took that long given the less-than-a-half-hour
sellouts of the Truman/Eisenhower...
Forum: Coins October 27th 15, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Ken Barr
LBJ Coin & Chronicles Set

In article ,
Old Usenet User wrote:

Got my order in and only had to reload the page once!

Ditto ... in and out in nine minutes (slow Internet...
Forum: Coins October 6th 15, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Ken Barr
JFK 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set

In article ,
Ken Barr wrote:

[snip]
Heh! Turns out I was right ...

# 9/20/2015..2015 KENNEDY COIN & CHRONICLES SET...48,462
#...
Forum: Coins October 2nd 15, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Ken Barr
JFK 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set

In article ,
Old Usenet User wrote:

On 9/29/2015 4:34 PM, Ken Barr wrote:
Heh! Turns out I was right ...

# 9/20/2015..2015 KENNEDY COIN...
Forum: Coins September 17th 15, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Ken Barr
JFK 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set

In article ,
Old Usenet User wrote:

Got on the Mint site at Noon Wednesday - system was a little slow and I
had to reload the page a few times...
Forum: Coins August 26th 15, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken Barr
2015 Coin & Currency Set

In article ,
Old Usenet User wrote:

Surprisingly, this didn't sell out immediately and as of this morning,
they are still available.
When I...
Forum: Coins May 7th 15, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Ken Barr
Good job by USMint on March of Dimes set ...

In article ,
Ken Barr wrote:

In article ,
Jud wrote:
Forum: Coins May 5th 15, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Ken Barr
Good job by USMint on March of Dimes set ...

In article ,
Jud wrote:

One can only hope Ken. I placed my order an hour after it became available
and got the...
Forum: Coins May 4th 15, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Ken Barr
Good job by USMint on March of Dimes set ...

Despite a slow connection from home, I was able to quickly order the
special March of Dimes limited edition sets promptly at 9AM Pacific this
morning.

Previous attempts to order limited edition...
Forum: Coins April 1st 15, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Ken Barr
PR: ANA Announces New 'First Slabbed' Procedure

WOW! I just found the following article posted in the
news.announce.currentevents.ANA newsgroup ... I'm glad they are finally
taking action after that fiasco in Chicago last...
Forum: Coins December 21st 14, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Ken Barr
Hello????

In article ,
Eric Babula wrote:

[snip]
Hi, Ken! Yeah, it looks like most of the regulars I knew aren't
around much. Nor is...
Forum: Coins December 19th 14, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Ken Barr
Hello????

In article ,
Eric Babula wrote:

Hello,
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?

Forum: Coins August 28th 14, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Ken Barr
Sacagaweas

In article ,
rwalker wrote:

Well, it appears almost noone posts here anymore. I gave up reading
here regularly when it...
Forum: Coins August 11th 14, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken Barr
Short ANA Report

In article ,
Jud wrote:

ANA in Chicago was great, as usual. Got to see some old friends, like Ron
Landis, John...
Forum: Coins July 27th 14, 08:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Ken Barr
HOF Commemoratives

In article ,
Jud wrote:

I ordered 1 each Baseball HOF commemorative coins on March 28. They have been
showing up 1...
Forum: Coins January 20th 14, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Ken Barr
Local Man Caught Selling Counterfeit Morgans He Bought on eBay

In article ,
Jud wrote:

On Friday, January 17, 2014 9:29:50 PM UTC-5, Phil DeMayo wrote:
A couple of stories in...
Forum: Coins November 19th 13, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By Ken Barr
What happened to The Tulving Company?

In article ,
Jud wrote:

I have never done business with them so can't give a personal experience
story. However, I...
Forum: Coins September 11th 13, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Ken Barr
Where do I send flowers?

In article ,
Jud wrote:

No posts of ANY sort in the last 2 weeks, not even spam. Apparently RCC is
dead. Where do I...
Forum: Coins June 3rd 13, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Ken Barr
Selling Silver Eagles

In article ,
capri wrote:

I recently took 24 slabbed NGCS MS70 1986-2010 coins with me to the
Jacksonville Greater...
Forum: Coins April 1st 13, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Ken Barr
PR: PCGS Announces "Plus-Minus" and "Plus-Plus" Grading

In article ,
wrote:

What about the first missing planchet error?
If upon re-submission it was determined to
be...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 397