Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sealladh58
Forum: Coins August 2nd 10, 11:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By sealladh58
1983 pound coin no edge lettering.

On Aug 1, 9:19*pm, Alex Hosking wrote:
I have a 1983 pound coin, it looks genuine except it has no edge
lettering, is this rare?

Forum: Coins May 21st 10, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By sealladh58
Scanning Coins - What Scanner?

On May 18, 12:05*pm, sealladh58 wrote:
On May 17, 11:50*pm, "Michael Benveniste" wrote: Have you tried using VueScan software with your current

Forum: Coins May 18th 10, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By sealladh58
Scanning Coins - What Scanner?

On May 17, 11:50*pm, "Michael Benveniste" wrote:
Have you tried using VueScan software with your current
scanner?http://www.hamrick.com/

I found that scanning coins with...
Forum: Coins May 15th 10, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By sealladh58
Scanning Coins - What Scanner?

On May 14, 4:10*am, "Mike Sommars" wrote:
Peter,

Before you dump your scanner, you might want to try the driver for
the Epson Perfection 2400 Photo scanner. It's...
Forum: Coins May 15th 10, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By sealladh58
Scanning Coins - What Scanner?

On May 12, 4:45*pm, "note.boy" wrote:
If I were you I would buy a digital camera with a macro, close focus,
ability. *Billy

Thanks for your suggestion. I already...
Forum: Coins May 12th 10, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By sealladh58
Scanning Coins - What Scanner?

This is a question for the technical geeks out there. For very many
years now I have been using my scanner to take pictures of coins using
setups devised after many experiments. An example of one...
Forum: Coins May 15th 09, 10:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By sealladh58
Old Dealer/Publisher Information Required

On May 15, 2:38*am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
After I posted all that I realized that I should have suggested you contact
those two gentlemen, as there's a good chance...
Forum: Coins May 14th 09, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By sealladh58
Old Dealer/Publisher Information Required

Thanks for the information, but I am after specific information about
Collectors Research Limited of Montreal. However, I will continue
the search.

Peter
Forum: Coins May 13th 09, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By sealladh58
Old Dealer/Publisher Information Required

I am doing some numismatic research at the moment and have come
across
a couple of handwritten letters on headed notepaper with the address
"Collectors Research Limited, PO Box 111, Montreal,...
Forum: Coins April 8th 09, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By sealladh58
Fake £1 coin estimate 'doubled'

On Apr 8, 3:32*pm, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

Note, also, that the UK is apparently *NOT* having any problems with fake £2
coins. *They are larger than £1 coins and made...
Forum: Coins May 28th 08, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By sealladh58
1949 Jersey Pound in Seaby Coin & Medal Bulletin

I have at long last had chance to check out the original reference at
the beginning of this thread. The main item about the introduction of
a £1 coin in Jersey is contained in the 1981 volume of...
Forum: Coins May 19th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By sealladh58
1949 Jersey Pound in Seaby Coin & Medal Bulletin

On May 19, 3:40*am, "Harold Fears" wrote:
Does anyone have the 1949 edition of the Seaby Coin & Medal Bulletin? *If
so, can someone tell me what it says about the Jersey one...
Forum: Coins March 5th 08, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 27
Posted By sealladh58
Taking pictures of coins

On Mar 5, 5:44*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

sealladh58 wrote:
Forum: Coins March 5th 08, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 27
Posted By sealladh58
Taking pictures of coins

I have been photographing coins for over 30 years now, using an SLR
with 135mm lens, bellows or rings, copy stand and floodlights.
However, about five years ago I went digital. Although I use a...
Forum: General Discussion January 20th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By sealladh58
Red Plate 77

I have just been searching through an SG Windsor album containing
just
early Victorian stamps. To my surprise in the Perforate Red Plate
section I saw that one was included for the infamous Plate...
Forum: General Discussion January 20th 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1