Showing results 1 to 25 of 109
Search took 3.97 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joshua McGee[_2_]
Forum: General Discussion November 29th 10, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Software for splitting different stamp images

On Nov 28, 9:22*am, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
"rod allan" found these unused words:

"separation and straightening of stamp *images. My results...
Forum: General Discussion November 27th 10, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Software for splitting different stamp images

On Nov 27, 4:28*am, Joshua McGee wrote:

My solution is incomplete: *It requires one to scan in a non-lossy
(specifically, not JPEG) format; it's dependent on the black...
Forum: General Discussion November 27th 10, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
In search of a decent PEELABLE hinge

On Nov 27, 3:21*am, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"Joshua McGee" wrote in message

That's correct. *For historical perspectives, they tripled in price
Forum: General Discussion November 27th 10, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Software for splitting different stamp images

On Nov 27, 2:27*am, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message
The link that you are asking for is mentioned on my older page:

Forum: General Discussion November 27th 10, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
In search of a decent PEELABLE hinge

On Nov 21, 10:11*am, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
viktor found these unused words:

On Nov 20, 3:53*pm, Roy wrote:
Forum: General Discussion November 22nd 10, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 19
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
USSR space flights. Was: Missing my friends here -- so anattempt to get discussion going

On Nov 21, 2:44*am, "Victor Manta" wrote:
I also collected during my young years space stamps, and I had every USSR
stamp that was available. I stopped collecting them...
Forum: General Discussion November 18th 10, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 19
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Missing my friends here -- so an attempt to get discussion going

On Nov 18, 8:32*am, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
There's a specialized catalogue for just the Machins - you'll have to google
for it as I don't collect past 1971.

There are...
Forum: General Discussion November 18th 10, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 19
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Missing my friends here -- so an attempt to get discussion going

On Nov 17, 2:05*pm, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

Dare...
Forum: General Discussion November 16th 10, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 19
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Missing my friends here -- so an attempt to get discussion going

On Nov 16, 9:49*am, jim wrote:
.. Odd but I lived in many penny boxes to fill
those two parts of my collection
or spent many a hour doing research and guessing what was next.
Forum: General Discussion November 16th 10, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 19
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Missing my friends here -- so an attempt to get discussion going

Hello all --

Rather than quietly regretting the silence here, I thought I'd try to
float *something*, at least -- an old post on my blog about the U.S.
George Rogers Clark commemorative issue of...
Forum: General Discussion February 18th 10, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Atheist Group Blasts Postal Service for Mother Teresa Stamp

On Jan 29, 5:42*am, "Victor Manta" wrote:

The lost souls that complain about Mother T on a stamp need to get a
life.
What about the Pope on ALL those stamps.

Forum: General Discussion January 19th 10, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Looking for a dealer in common used U.S. stamps

Hello all,

I know I've been gone for a while. I've missed you (well, most of
you)!

I'm working on a project in which I will need lots of used copies of
specific US commemoratives. Do any of you...
Forum: General Discussion August 8th 09, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Catalogue for South Australia officials?

On Aug 8, 5:23*am, jerry wrote:
Hi Joshua,

What about the APRL? *You can borrow the book(s) you need to see if it
is what you are looking for. *I believe they...
Forum: General Discussion August 8th 09, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Cricket on Stamps.

On Aug 8, 3:48*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
You and Tony having a contest on the "most hideous scans"?

Yes. I believe I am winning.

(Actually, it's an online image that...
Forum: General Discussion August 8th 09, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Catalogue for South Australia officials?

On Aug 8, 3:46*am, "rodney" wrote:
What's not to like in Gibbons?
An old SG catalogue ..what? *$10

Not to like? Nothing. :^) I just don't have a copy. :^)

In my...
Forum: General Discussion August 8th 09, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
US postmark.

On Aug 6, 8:03*am, Blair wrote:
On Aug 6, 8:28*am, Jim wrote:

rodney wrote:
I wonder if this is merely a random aux mark,
or a...
Forum: General Discussion August 8th 09, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Cricket on Stamps.

On Aug 7, 7:31*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
800 cricket stampshttp://cjoint.com/data/iiexZM1wFh.htm

May I humbly submit the American contribution? ...
Forum: General Discussion August 8th 09, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Catalogue for South Australia officials?

What would be the best source for variations in South Australia
officials overprints, both "O.S." and departmental?

Bonus points for something under $300. ;^)

Thanks,

--
Joshua H. McGee
Sierra...

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:03:22 +0800, rodney wrote:

A random pmk? or a wonky Precancel?

Not a precancel. I believe it is a parcel cancel -- I frequently have
seen such stamps "on piece" affixed to...
Forum: General Discussion August 2nd 09, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Scott Specialized US Catalogue: help needed

Would someone with a Scott Specialized Catalogue of US Stamps and
Covers on CD please contact me off-list? My CD never made it back
into its case last time, and I need lookup...
Forum: General Discussion July 28th 09, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Victorian playing cards revenue.

On Jul 27, 12:03*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au
wrote:
I have an eyelash taken from the spectacles of Groucho Marx?
A 1956 rubber brake pad from an Australian "Malvern Star"...
Forum: General Discussion July 27th 09, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
Victorian playing cards revenue.

On Jul 25, 8:04*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Here you are Joshua,

(You were "torampued" in Japanese)
A pot pourri of results from my "playing cards" search.
lots...
Forum: General Discussion July 26th 09, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
News from the dumpster....

On Jun 26, 1:05*am, "rodney" wrote:
Victorian playing cards stamp 3dhttp://cjoint.com/data/gAj27tYsXq.htm

This link does not display for me -- I get a cjoint...
Forum: General Discussion July 26th 09, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
10c postage

On Jun 26, 5:35*am, "rodney" wrote:
I had a feeling this was the case, Ralphael.
So the parcel is franked correctly.
Still, it is a bit odd really, I can only...
Forum: General Discussion July 26th 09, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Joshua McGee[_2_]
10c postage

On Jun 26, 9:54*am, wrote:

This process was mandated by the Unabomber experience. It was
determined by someone that any package weighing 13 ounces or more
could be...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 109