Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arizona Coin Collector
Forum: Coins May 22nd 11, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Deputies arrest alleged conman who bought $94,000 in gold coins with bad check

"Peter" wrote in message

You've been quiet a long time; everything OK?

I have been working and average...
Forum: Coins May 20th 11, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Deputies arrest alleged conman who bought $94,000 in gold coins with bad check

FROM:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/05/deputies-arrest-alleged-conman-who-bought-94000-in-gold-coins-with-bad-check.html

Deputies arrest alleged conman who
bought $94,000 in gold coins...
Forum: Coins December 4th 10, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
FORUM ISSUE: Please refrain from off-topic discussions.

"socraticquest" wrote in message
How can discussion threads be closed to additonal...
Forum: Coins December 4th 10, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Coin mutilator Ronald Lee Foster received pardon by President Obama

FROM:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/12/03/20101203obama-grants-nine-pardons.html

Obama pardons 9 people

Dec. 3, 2010 02:42 PM
Associated Press

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has...
Forum: Coins October 15th 10, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
An update in the Julian Leidman Theft

"sgt23" wrote in message
Forum: Coins September 23rd 10, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Delays on getting eternal-spetember posts

"mazorj" wrote in message

I'm not clear as to what your point is about eternal-spetember.org and
your perception of...
Forum: Coins August 23rd 10, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Gold bullion stolen from Florida treasure museum

FROM:
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE67J0PN20100820

Gold bullion stolen from Florida treasure museum

MIAMI FLORIDA
Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:47pm EDT

MIAMI (Reuters) - Thieves stole a $550,000...
Forum: Coins August 14th 10, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
A rare find --- 1923 Silver Peace Dollar

"Mr. Jaggers" wrote in message

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
Hello to all

This Saturday started off for me in a...
Forum: Coins August 14th 10, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
A rare find --- 1923 Silver Peace Dollar

Hello to all

This Saturday started off for me in a much different
way. I spent most of my Morning cleaning up my front
yard from 7:00am to 10:00. Since is was about 100
degrees, I stop working on my...
Forum: Coins July 9th 10, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
1980 Susan B Anthony Dollar Coin

"Scott Stevenson" wrote in message

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 11:52:09 -0700, "Arizona Coin Collector"
Forum: Coins July 8th 10, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
1980 Susan B Anthony Dollar Coin

Hello

About a week ago, I ask for some dollar coins at a
local Circle K store. One of the coins I got was
a 1980 Susan B Anthony dollar coin. This
nickel clad coin has no wear at all. It looks...
Forum: Coins May 25th 10, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Dollar coin mix

"shreadvector" wrote in message

On May 24, 5:02 pm, George wrote:
I got...
Forum: Coins May 6th 10, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Scurvy Dog is Robert Finnan

"Coin Dude" wrote in message

On May 5, 4:51 am, "Bob-tx" wrote:

I...
Forum: Coins April 20th 10, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Another ISP pulling Usenet plug.

"Slor" wrote in message

Despite all prevention efforts, "Scurvy Dog"
wrote in
Forum: Coins March 11th 10, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Found in change today

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message

Got a 1957D wheat back penny and a Puerto Rico quarter.
O frabjuous day...

Hello

Good...
Forum: Coins March 11th 10, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
A bulky bounty: thieves steal $7,000 in coins

A bulky bounty: thieves steal $7,000 in coins

http://colombiareports.com/colombia-news-lite/97-news/8643-a-bulky-bounty-thieves-steal-7000-in-coins.html

Thieves in the northern Colombian city...
Forum: Coins February 10th 10, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Gold proofs vs bullion value

"Jack Deuce" wrote in message

With the price of gold being as high as it is, how does this affect
the...
Forum: Coins February 9th 10, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
$1.5M in cities' transit coinage missing

$1.5M in cities' transit coinage missing

FROM:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/International/2010/02/09/15M-in-cities-transit-coinage-missing/UPI-79171265727041/

TORONTO, Feb. 9 (UPI) -- Police in and...
Forum: Coins February 3rd 10, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Changing the Metal Composition Of Coins

Hello

I came across the story link below on the changing
of the Coin Metal Composition.

http://www.coinflation.com/coinage_material.html

Forum: Coins January 28th 10, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
One big Gold Brick

Hello

I wonder how many Gold Coins could be made from this brick?

A visitor touches the world's largest solid gold brick
weighing 220kg (worth over US $7.8 million at today's
price), at the...
Forum: Coins December 20th 09, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Good Samaritan robbed, killed in NC home - Coin Collector

FROM:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gl8Fh1IE4kvl9DvDiVtY84XTRYvQD9CLS7Q84

Good Samaritan robbed, killed in NC home

(AP) - 1 day ago

McLEANSVILLE, N.C. - Authorities say someone...
Forum: Coins December 3rd 09, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Weirton Police Investigating Counterfeit Cash, Coins

FROM:
http://www.wtov9.com/news/21788204/detail.html

Weirton Police Investigating Counterfeit Cash, Coins

Weirton police are searching for the people...
Forum: Coins December 3rd 09, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Not checking my change when I purchase stuff

Hello

In checking my change tonight I got a 10 cent
coin from what I think may be from Mexico. It is
near the same size and shape to the U.S. Dime.

It has the following text "ESTA-DOS UNIDOS...
Forum: Coins November 24th 09, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
End The Fed Network - The End Began on November 22nd, 2008

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
Tom Slick wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in...
Forum: Coins November 20th 09, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Email from ANA Blocked as SPAM?

"Mike Marotta" wrote in message

I do get _most_ of the email sent to me from the ANA. However, I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500