Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: The Visitor
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 8th 09, 02:36 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By The Visitor
Montblanc..... I'm not in Kansas anymore.

Too curious.....

Paul G wrote:
"The Visitor" wrote in message
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 2nd 09, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Posted By The Visitor
Cleaning

I'll have to try it. It was a rare event you had one stand on end. Since
it is the first time it has happened to you. Never happened to me, I'll
have to make it happen..

John

Bluesea wrote:
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 30th 09, 02:56 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By The Visitor
Montblanc..... I'm not in Kansas anymore.

I have a fine and a medium and don't really like the fine.
It needs too much pressure to write.
Great if I am making carbon copies though.
Maybe I haven't used it enough?

In the "good old days" it...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 29th 09, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By The Visitor
Montblanc..... I'm not in Kansas anymore.

Well that may be what I must do.

I have a fine, a pain to write with.
And would convert it to a OM.

John

krishnananda wrote:
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 28th 09, 08:01 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By The Visitor
Montblanc..... I'm not in Kansas anymore.

Went looking for a new pen yesterday.
All I wanted was a 146 in burgundy with an OM nib.

No chance.

Only stock mediums
Only stock black
No 146 to be had at all
And the prices for what I did see...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 22nd 09, 02:18 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 34
Posted By The Visitor
Why not just answer questions here?

Do you actually have something against FPN, and are in reality, trying
to make FPN look bad?? Are you fpnmailinator guy??

Else, why do you bother.

l, not -l wrote:
On 21-Mar-2009, The Visitor...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 21st 09, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 34
Posted By The Visitor
Why not just answer questions here?

Rebecca Ore wrote:

Okay, so do us a favor and don't just post that FPN has the answers.

Hmmm, how would it be if every question at FPN was answered with a
redirect to this newsgroup? As a...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 18th 09, 02:12 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 34
Posted By The Visitor
Why not just answer questions here?

Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

Whatever the case may be, he is *very* annoying.

What I did was set my reader to delete all messages from that sender.
Now I don't see them.

John
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 5th 09, 08:15 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By The Visitor
Apple wood for pens etc.

I make pens.
I put apple in my smoker.
Never thought about it for a pen.
To light and soft.
You have better have it dryed out and stable.

I prefer darker colours.
Neet grains and burls.
And yes, I...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 4th 09, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By The Visitor
My First Moleskine is Due to Arrive on Tuesday!

The more you want something.
The longer it takes.
I just hope your around when it shows up.
I hate those tags on the door.

Bluesea wrote:
"Bluesea" wrote in message...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 1st 09, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 54
Posted By The Visitor
Long-term storage of ballpoints

Well then spray in an inert gas too, just incase oxygen has anything to
do with it?

Mike S. wrote:
Thanks for all the thoughts, folks.

In trying to strategize I'm first trying to understand...
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 27th 09, 03:23 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By The Visitor
My First Moleskine is Due to Arrive on Tuesday!

Bluesea wrote:

I'm confident that my intended use is more in line with the designed purpose
than was hers.

Perfect!

John
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 26th 09, 05:15 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By The Visitor
My First Moleskine is Due to Arrive on Tuesday!

Hope it works out for you...
Not my blog but informative..

http://rashmisinha.com/2007/08/06/how-feature-creep-ruined-the-moleskine-city-notebook/

John

Bluesea wrote:
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 21st 08, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 39
Posted By The Visitor
Day to day pen opinions

I roll my own. Well actually make my own. frome wood. They are cheap,
unique and work very well. I make extra and give them away. But not the
fountain pens. The won't get used. So I keep them for...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 3rd 08, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By The Visitor
Change in pen behavior over one writing session?

I ahve the thought that it could be, as you write, the ink is somewhat
drying on the nib. Causing a build-up of "thicker ink" hanging on the
nib allowing it to hold less "fresh ink". Fresh meaning...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 31st 08, 05:19 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By The Visitor
Change in pen behavior over one writing session?

I would be the last person to be right, but if you clean the nib, does
the cycle start anew?

John

Aaron Hsu wrote:

Hey all,

Writing about dip pens got me to thinking about a question I...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 18th 08, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By The Visitor
how to use ink refill?

What kind is it. Then somebody can advise you....

John

Tiro Verus wrote:
Trying to learn how to use a fountain pen. Got one
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 4th 08, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 24
Posted By The Visitor
Does one really need "bullet proof" inks

Bluesea wrote:

Then, there's the issue of check-washing...

Yes. I am going to try with one of my cancelled cheques. My cheques say
all over them they have some security safeguards built in....
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 27th 07, 11:30 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 53
Posted By The Visitor
Fountain Pens. What's the attraction?

Google wrote:

My Big Red is captivating... no skinny BIC is gonna attract goils.
Actually is the fountain pen ink, the pheromones of Peman Emerald
Green attracts virgins... Omas Vespucci Red...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 1st 07, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Posted By The Visitor
Flash Fiction Prize

Previous winners.

To be announced????
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 13th 07, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Posted By The Visitor
Anybody build pens?

From, http://www.bereahardwoods.com/new/plating.html

"Titanium Gold. This method produces extremely durable and the most
durable plating. This process is called PVD (particle vapor deposition)....
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 13th 07, 04:31 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Posted By The Visitor
Anybody build pens?

Brian Ketterling wrote:

I'm not a pen builder, but I'm interested by your reference to that "gold"
plating. I'd expect it more in the context of drill bits than pen nibs! Is
it for scratch...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 12th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Posted By The Visitor
Anybody build pens?

Well not totally from scratch. I have built some and they are rather fun
to write with. They can be had in varying quality levels. Often with
iridium tips and titanium nitride gold plating if...
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 16th 07, 08:17 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 18
Posted By The Visitor
noob question on ink flow after cleaning

mz wrote:

Noodler's makes a truly waterproof ink. It is water based and reacts
with celluloid to form a chemical bond. That makes it waterproof on
paper and your cotton shirts. Look for...
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 2nd 07, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
Posted By The Visitor
Lamy Nib Replacement

I noticed one of my mont blancs is off alingment. Is this how they are
held in and I can just push it over?

John

Chuck Swisher wrote:

I change them using only my thumbnail. As Gordon...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25