CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Setting NSM to FreePlay (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7532)

Ian_UK December 26th 03 05:52 PM

Setting NSM to FreePlay

I have a NSM Prestige ES160 and I want to set it to freeplay. The manual
says switch the Key Switch and program C3 to 000 00...I don't have a key
switch. Can anyone help me set the juke please?
Many thanks
Ian_UK

Rick Force December 27th 03 05:00 PM

"Ian_UK" wrote in message ...
I have a NSM Prestige ES160 and I want to set it to freeplay. The manual
says switch the Key Switch and program C3 to 000 00...I don't have a key
switch. Can anyone help me set the juke please?
Many thanks
Ian_UK

Hi Ian,
you'll have to either buy or make that key sw. I made mine from an old
PC keyboard lock sw. It uses the same connector type that NSM uses,
but you need a 2 pin connector and the PC keybrd connector is 4 (2
blanks), so you;ll need to carefully cut off the blank portion of this
connector. Once done, just plug it into the key switch jack (check
your manual for location), but on my City 2, it was on the the left
side of the computer module, I think (don't have that juke anymore to
look at it) it's the middle jack (the 2 pin one). You can also just
juper (short) the 2 pins together with an allagator clip wire...that
would be the easiest, then you can enter the programme section and set
it to free play. It will display "FREE" in the display if done
correctly. Hope someone hasn't changed the "electronic key" from
00000, otherwise, you can't access the programme sections of the
computer. Good luck, Rick.

Ian_UK December 27th 03 05:26 PM

Many thanks, Rick. I will try that. I am not familiar with the settings on
my Pretsige jukebox yet. It comes up with C0 when you enter the service
settings, not the CE which I believe it should to let you enter the
electronic code. I can get to the C3 (freeplay code)from C0 but I am not
quite sure what to do to save the setting.
Thanks for the help with the switch. I will try a jumper to short the pins
next.
Thanks again
Ian
"Rick Force" wrote in message