CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Trying to restore ROWE AMI R-83 (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=256062)

[email protected] September 2nd 08 08:42 PM

Trying to restore ROWE AMI R-83

Hi folks
Can anyone help. I'm trying to restore a ROWE AMI R83 and have got
mechanism and electronics working after a bit of work. Trouble is the
tone arm keeps skimming towards the outside of the record. Can't see
any obstructions (unless I'm missing something obvious), mechanism
appears level, stylus weight is OK. Anyone got any ideas? Very
frustrating.
DCH

roweman September 3rd 08 02:03 AM

On Sep 2, 3:42*pm, wrote:
Hi folks
Can anyone help. I'm trying to restore a ROWE AMI R83 and have got
mechanism and electronics working after a bit of work. Trouble is the
tone arm keeps skimming towards the outside of the record. Can't see
any obstructions (unless I'm missing something obvious), mechanism
appears level, stylus weight is OK. Anyone got any ideas? Very
frustrating.
DCH

Hi I had same problem changed tone arm (maybe bent a little )hope this
helps

Oldtimejuker September 3rd 08 02:18 AM

On Sep 2, 9:03 pm, roweman wrote:
On Sep 2, 3:42 pm, wrote:

Hi folks
Can anyone help. I'm trying to restore a ROWE AMI R83 and have got
mechanism and electronics working after a bit of work. Trouble is the
tone arm keeps skimming towards the outside of the record. Can't see
any obstructions (unless I'm missing something obvious), mechanism
appears level, stylus weight is OK. Anyone got any ideas? Very
frustrating.
DCH

Hi I had same problem changed tone arm (maybe bent a little )hope this
helps

Some possible causes - Needle has the point broken off , needle has
lost it's "springy" & collapses when on a record ,tone arm cable
touching the mech . Try another needle if you have one. Ray

[email protected] September 5th 08 02:21 AM

Trying to restore ROWE AMI R-83

tone arm doesn't seem to be bent. Stylus might be a bit dodgy though
judging by both sound quality when it does stay, and visual check.
I'll try that and post a result later! Thanks folks. David

[email protected] September 16th 08 07:29 PM

Trying to restore ROWE AMI R-83

On Sep 5, 2:21*am, wrote:

Ta-daa ... replacing the stylus worked, thanks.

So that the electronics and mech all working now, will start work on
the cab and should end up with quite a nice piece of kit

DCH