CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How to Move a Rockola Princess 1493 (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=279719)

NJ Mike September 20th 09 03:45 AM

How to Move a Rockola Princess 1493

My deal on the Seeburg 101 fell through. I might have a good shot at a
Rockola Princess 1493.

Just wondering how getting this box ready for a move is different than
a Seeburg.

Thanks,
Mike

John Robertson September 22nd 09 09:32 PM

NJ Mike wrote:
My deal on the Seeburg 101 fell through. I might have a good shot at a
Rockola Princess 1493.

Just wondering how getting this box ready for a move is different than
a Seeburg.

Thanks,
Mike

Not much different. For the 1493 you need to identify the four shipping
bolts that secure the frame to the cabinet support plates. Then check if
the turntable lifts up and off (and take it off) or it is heldon with a
6/32 machine screw.

Then secure the records with tape or stuff a blanket around them -
better to remove them.

Lastly put some shipping tape on the tone arm to hold it from popping up
when the machine is laid on its back.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Mike Berger September 22nd 09 10:20 PM