CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rowe AMI Model JAO jukebox (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=324095)

Dave N. October 31st 17 01:10 AM

Rowe AMI Model JAO jukebox

Hi everyone I'm working on a Rowe JAO jukebox I have it making selections ok after cleaning and adjusting contacts but when playing the a side of a recorded the toggle shifter coil works fine when it takes the record out of the magazine and it plays ok but when it try's to return the record to the magazine the toggle shifter coil does not engage and the record is not put back in the rack. It looks like C4 controls the coil when the record is removed but what controls it when it is put back in the magazine.
Thank you for any help you can give Dave

John Robertson October 31st 17 05:47 AM

Rowe AMI Model JAO jukebox

On 2017/10/30 6:10 PM, Dave N. wrote:
Hi everyone I'm working on a Rowe JAO jukebox I have it making
selections ok after cleaning and adjusting contacts but when playing
the a side of a recorded the toggle shifter coil works fine when it
takes the record out of the magazine and it plays ok but when it try's
to return the record to the magazine the toggle shifter coil does not
engage and the record is not put back in the rack. It looks like C4
controls the coil when the record is removed but what controls it when
it is put back in the magazine.
Thank you for any help you can give Dave

Unless I am mistaken there is a mechanical linkage that holds the A/B
shift lever in position after the gripper bow has moved about 1/2 way up
after grabbing the record. So, check if the tab is aligned correctly, or
if something is loose/broken relating to the left/right setup on the
gripper frame.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Dave N. October 31st 17 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Robertson (Post 698653)
[...]

Thank You I will check that out.