CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   At least the $2 bills didn't go under the till this time (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=266267)

Duh_Oz February 11th 09 01:31 PM

At least the $2 bills didn't go under the till this time

Spent a few more $2 at a local store and some guy who was bagging his
groceries in the next lane heard the cashier mention $2 bills and
offered to trade 'real money' for them.

That's the third time a store customer has wanted to get some
twosies. At a Sara Lee outlet. one lady just wanted 1 to give to her
daughter. The store wanted to dump all of them on her. Geesh, you
think the currency had a curse or something.

Still holding at one place where I actually got one back in change.

To keep this somewhat on topic for R.C.C. - I found a 1930D wheat ear
MD'ing earlier in the day. Heck, even a Mem is better them the
ZLincolns I dig up.

Daniel[_4_] February 11th 09 08:15 PM

"Duh_OZ" wrote in message ...
Spent a few more $2 at a local store and some guy who was bagging his
groceries in the next lane heard the cashier mention $2 bills and
offered to trade 'real money' for them.

That's the third time a store customer has wanted to get some
twosies. At a Sara Lee outlet. one lady just wanted 1 to give to her
daughter. The store wanted to dump all of them on her. Geesh, you
think the currency had a curse or something.

Still holding at one place where I actually got one back in change.

To keep this somewhat on topic for R.C.C. - I found a 1930D wheat ear
MD'ing earlier in the day. Heck, even a Mem is better them the
ZLincolns I dig up.

That's pretty interesting, since I have had that happen a few time myself. What was even crazier, one day I was standing in line ready to buy something when the person behind me saw my $2 bills in hand, and wanted to buy them off me! I just said no, but later thought I should have said something like YES, give me $5 for two of them - Ha

PC[_7_] February 12th 09 06:24 AM

At least the $2 bills didn't go under the till this time

"Daniel" wrote in message

Please do not post in html.

Daniel[_4_] February 18th 09 06:37 AM

At least the $2 bills didn't go under the till this time

"PC" wrote in message

"Daniel" wrote in message

Please do not post in html.

Whoops..... Sorry

RWF February 18th 09 01:16 PM

At least the $2 bills didn't go under the till this time

"Daniel" wrote in message

"PC" wrote in message

"Daniel" wrote in message

Please do not post in html.

Whoops..... Sorry

Pay no attention to PC, he's mostly a troll and always an idiot.

PC[_7_] February 18th 09 08:09 PM

"RWF" wrote in message

Please do not post in html.

Whoops..... Sorry

Pay no attention to PC, he's mostly a troll and always an idiot.

Robin Hood called again.