CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   FS:$3.30 FV Silver (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=30404)

Steve December 29th 03 10:03 PM

FS:$3.30 FV Silver

2 Buffalo's, 4 War Jeff's, 4 Mercs, 6 pre-65 Roosies, 2 pre-65
Washingtons, 1 pre-70 Kennedy, and 1 pre-1900 Morgan

If interested, LMK by email and we'll work out the details.

Steve

Jim Seymour December 30th 03 03:09 AM

Paul wrote:
Note: the Jeff's have a smaller % silver content than the other silver coins.

Smaller by weight, but the largest by denomination. War Nickels have
0.056 oz. of silver - meaning only 90 cents face value (18 coins) is
required to get an ounce of silver. Meanwhile a dime from the same era
has 0.072 oz. - meaning you need $1.40 in face value for an ounce of silver.

Stupid trivia, yes. But isn't that what we're all here for?

--
Jim Seymour