CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Seeburg Electra only plays B sides (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=324265)

Marc Shackelford April 5th 18 10:36 PM

Seeburg Electra only plays B sides

Here is a link to my Google Drive folder with pictures of the mech: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aW...DXay0QMKo1eH09

Fresh purchase, was working 100% the first day, then nest day started playing too slowly, and rejecting records mid-tune. I turned it off, turned it back on and it returned the record to the rack, scanned all the way to the left, and stopped. No response to selection inputs. I turned it back off and manually turned the motor shaft until the mechanism clicked. I turned it back on, and it scanned to the right and parked, as it should. I lubricated everything according to the manual, and now the records play at the correct rpm, but now only "B" sides will play (all the selections on the lower half of the "Selection Now Playing" indicator). Any "A" side selection will scan twice and park.

Did the battery test, same result - played every B side in order, right to left, then scanned twice and parked. No A sides played.

I notice that when it scans now, the light in the "Selection Now Playing" indicator is always on the lower row. I can recall when it was working, sometimes the light would scan on the top row, and sometimes the bottom row.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

All the best,
Mark in Texas

Alan Hood April 6th 18 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Shackelford (Post 698892)
[...]

Hi Mark,

Have you checked the Tormat wiper pins, the fine braded wire may have broken on the A side contact.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man