CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Rendevouz with Rama by A.C.Clarke (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=322480)

SpanishMill August 14th 13 02:39 PM

Rendevouz with Rama by A.C.Clarke

After searching for a a couple of years for this (at the right price!) I finally scored a First edition / First printing copy...and you won't believe what I paid for it! :-).

[email protected] August 18th 13 03:18 AM

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:39:37 AM UTC-4, SpanishMill wrote:
After searching for a a couple of years for this (at the right price!) I
finally scored a First edition / First printing copy...and you won't
believe what I paid for it! :-).

So tell us! (And hooray for your find, btw...)

SpanishMill August 19th 13 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 695611)
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:39:37 AM UTC-4, SpanishMill wrote:
After searching for a a couple of years for this (at the right price!) I
finally scored a First edition / First printing copy...and you won't
believe what I paid for it! :-).

So tell us! (And hooray for your find, btw...)

:-) $2.11 at Goodwill

[email protected] August 19th 13 11:46 PM

Rendevouz with Rama by A.C.Clarke

On Monday, August 19, 2013 9:38:51 AM UTC-4, SpanishMill wrote:

:-) $2.11 at Goodwill

Wow! Lucky you...

SpanishMill August 20th 13 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 695617)
On Monday, August 19, 2013 9:38:51 AM UTC-4, SpanishMill wrote:

:-) $2.11 at Goodwill

Wow! Lucky you...

Yeah, I really don't like going around hunting for books and besides in my area there aren't good places to look around anyway. But there's a GW near my house and I went to look for some bookends .... and there it was, the unmistakable psychedelic dj art! Then I looked at the copyright page! Holy smokes! I let out a loud HA!...everyone around looked at me funny.

And this is a first printing also! there are a couple of online sources to verify that during the years 1973 to 1983, when the publisher HBJ did not use the "A" but used "First Edition/BCDE" to indicate the First Printing.

[email protected] August 20th 13 11:36 PM

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:49:19 AM UTC-4, SpanishMill wrote:

And this is a first printing also! there are a couple of online sources
to verify that during the years 1973 to 1983, when the publisher HBJ did
not use the "A" but used "First Edition/BCDE" to indicate the First
Printing.

Yes, I looked at a bunch of my Georges Simenon mysteries, and they're all that way.