CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Germany 1905-19, 2 mark without white dot over R (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=322824)

[email protected] March 22nd 14 03:04 PM

Germany 1905-19, 2 mark without white dot over R

In doing research for an article, there was reason to examine Internet images of Scott Germany #93 (Michel Germany #95). Two of some 25 images showed no large white dot above the "R" in "REICH." The Michel specialized catalog does not list this as a variety. Examining the images at three power magnification shows NO evidence of the dot, although both dot-less images do have cancels at the spot. (Two other stamps that appeared dot-less did show the dot under cancels, using 3X magnification.)

Have any other Usenet users found copies of this stamp with NO white dot above the "R"?

And no, I was not looking at images of the stamp to look for the dot, although the apparent absence of the dot did lead to examining more images than I otherwise would have done.

An image of one stamp with the dot and the two "without" the dot is at:

http://cjoint.com/?0CwpPT89zG1

Any help would be appreciated.

Stan at