CollectingBanter

-   8 Track Tapes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   8-Track (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=252061)

DrNoose[_2_] July 1st 08 05:15 PM

8-Track

I am a fan of the endless loop format. Are any of you?

DeserTBoB July 1st 08 08:59 PM

8-Track

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:15:41 -0700 (PDT), DrNoose
wrote:

I am a fan of the endless loop format. Are any of you? snip

Well, I played with it for awhile, until Charlie Nudo caused a
pandemic allergy to the things. Can't even GIVE them away now. Now,
almost all my 8-track crap is gone. Not a prob...most of them sounded
like garbage anyway, even on a well-maintained machine.

trippin-2-8-track July 1st 08 10:24 PM

8-Track

On Jul 1, 12:15*pm, DrNoose wrote:
I am a fan of the endless loop format. Are any of you?

You're Dan Gibson

William W Western[_2_] July 1st 08 10:52 PM

8-Track

I am a fan of the endless loop format. Are any of you? snip
I've got 'em. I play 'em. I like 'em. I curse 'em.

William W Western[_2_] July 1st 08 11:02 PM

8-Track

You're Dan Gibson
That's the guy (misidentified as a pencil necked geek if memory
serves) who had his picture in this forum once? What gives? Any relation to
well known Western actor Hoot Gibson?

William W Western[_2_] July 1st 08 11:23 PM

Dominion Day (was- 8-Track)

So I am enjoying Dominion Day today. If you observe a current calendar
you will likely not see it listed. It will possibly say Canada Day. That is
because social engineers (or some such ilk) changed a good sounding name
that was in use since 1867 to something reeking of blandness in 1982. I mean
a standard gag is to insert a word before "Day" and cause mirth, eh? "What
is it? Idiot Day today?". "Say, I did not notice anything about Pimple Day
on my calendar.". "Hey Canadian Guy, how's Canada Day coming along?". Pretty
lame.
So later this week, you folks south of the line (or north if you are in
Alaska or Detroit) enjoy Independence Day or The Fourth or Fourth of July.
Just watch they do not try to rename it something unnecessary and "today".
Go to the range and fire off a cap and ball Colt. Eat plenty of chicken
fried steak and gravy with apple pie and ice cream. Or delicious Texas
watermelons. Pick the national anthem (watch that thing too) on the axe of
your choice. Enjoy.

DeserTBoB July 2nd 08 12:46 AM

8-Track

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:24:53 -0700 (PDT), trippin-2-8-track
wrote:

On Jul 1, 12:15*pm, DrNoose wrote:
I am a fan of the endless loop format. Are any of you?

You're Dan Gibson snip

Charlie Nudo, "NET DETECTIVE," strikes again!

BRILLIANT call, moron. I was waiting for you (yet again) to make a
complete ass out of yourself...which is a pretty common occurance,
realliy.

DeserTBoB July 2nd 08 12:50 AM

Dominion Day (was- 8-Track)

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:23:05 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

So I am enjoying Dominion Day today. If you observe a current calendar
you will likely not see it listed. It will possibly say Canada Day. That is
because social engineers (or some such ilk) changed a good sounding name
that was in use since 1867 to something reeking of blandness in 1982. I mean
a standard gag is to insert a word before "Day" and cause mirth, eh? "What
is it? Idiot Day today?". "Say, I did not notice anything about Pimple Day
on my calendar.". "Hey Canadian Guy, how's Canada Day coming along?". Pretty
lame. snip

So's "Bumler Day" at Beech Mountain Lakes Resorts, Drums, PA, aka
"Toxic Waste Evaluation Day." Happens about once a week. Also
festive there is the "Your Water Is Unsafe Day," which happens
frequently and not on any particular schedule. Less oft comes "Your
Crackerbox House Is On Fire And There's Not A Drop In The Hydrants
Day", which is every day at Lake Bumler.

William W Western[_2_] July 2nd 08 01:35 AM

Dominion Day (was- 8-Track)

So's "Bumler Day" at Beech Mountain Lakes Resorts, Drums, PA, aka
"Toxic Waste Evaluation Day." Happens about once a week. Also
festive there is the "Your Water Is Unsafe Day," which happens
frequently and not on any particular schedule. Less oft comes "Your
Crackerbox House Is On Fire And There's Not A Drop In The Hydrants
Day", which is every day at Lake Bumler.

Hah! Oh that Lake Bumler what did we ever do without it?

trippin-2-8-track July 2nd 08 12:57 PM

Dominion Day (was- 8-Track)

On Jul 1, 8:35*pm, "William W Western"
wrote:
So's "Bumler Day" at Beech Mountain Lakes Resorts, Drums, PA, aka
"Toxic Waste Evaluation Day." *Happens about once a week. *Also
festive there is the "Your Water Is Unsafe Day," which happens
frequently and not on any particular schedule. *Less oft comes "Your
Crackerbox House Is On Fire And There's Not A Drop In The Hydrants
Day", which is every day at Lake Bumler.

* * * * * * * * Hah! Oh that Lake Bumler what did we ever do without it?

hey WWW- did you see recently, the entire state of California is on
fire, and a national disaster area- the air in California was just
declared dangerous to breathe

the entire area is blanketed with smoke, and smog

http://www.gearthblog.com/images/ima...orniafires.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/maps/fires2008/

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...nia_fires.html

http://www.fire.ca.gov/downloads/inc..._070108_PM.pdf