CollectingBanter

-   8 Track Tapes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   TC 8 Update (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=215918)

ommadawn May 27th 07 05:43 PM

TC 8 Update

Now my Sony player is emitting a high pitched squeal from the left channel.
I opened up the unit to see if maybe it was a lubriaction issue (it wasn't.)
The sound emits when the unit is switched on, even w/o a tape inserted.

Any thoughts?

DeserTBoB May 27th 07 06:03 PM

TC 8 Update

On Sun, 27 May 2007 16:43:12 GMT, "ommadawn"
wrote:

Now my Sony player is emitting a high pitched squeal from the left channel.
I opened up the unit to see if maybe it was a lubriaction issue (it wasn't.)
The sound emits when the unit is switched on, even w/o a tape inserted.

Any thoughts? snip

Sounds like a Sony to me!

Seriously, it sounds like something's going into oscillation, usually
caused by a dried up, bad capacitor, but it could be any number of
issues.

I don't like/buy/use Sony products because of their long history of
failure.

duty-honor-country May 28th 07 01:58 PM

TC 8 Update

On May 27, 12:43 pm, "ommadawn" wrote:
Now my Sony player is emitting a high pitched squeal from the left channel.
I opened up the unit to see if maybe it was a lubriaction issue (it wasn't.)
The sound emits when the unit is switched on, even w/o a tape inserted.

Any thoughts?

yes, avoid DeserTBob's advice ! When he's done with it, it will be on
fire...

DeserTBoB May 28th 07 02:25 PM

TC 8 Update

On 28 May 2007 05:58:53 -0700, duty-honor-country
wrote:

yes, avoid DeserTBob's advice ! When he's done with it, it will be on
fire... snip

....like Charlie Nudo's house...because there's no water in any of the
fire hydrants in Bumler!

Burned to a crisp!

William W Western May 28th 07 09:40 PM

TC 8 Update

...like Charlie Nudo's house...because there's no water in any of the
fire hydrants in Bumler!

Seriously? How can that be? It's not like he lives in a
desert. Should be plenty of water around, no?

DeserTBoB May 28th 07 09:56 PM

TC 8 Update

On Mon, 28 May 2007 20:40:12 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

...like Charlie Nudo's house...because there's no water in any of the
fire hydrants in Bumler!

Seriously? How can that be? It's not like he lives in a
desert. Should be plenty of water around, no? snip

That's because the "resort" he lives in has a dilapidated "private"
water system thrown in by the developers and maintained by the "board"
of that fleabag place. The info's out on the web and has been posted
on this NG a couple of times. Also, "Bumler" residents have to boil
their water a lot before consumption because of dirty piping and
frequent pipe breaks.

Must be nice to live in such a "resort," eh? I'm on the LA County
Waterworks. We never have water supply problems, never have "boil
advisories" and I DO live in a desert. HA! Oh yes, I also have a
county fire hydrant right in front of my place, and yes, it produces
copious amounts of fire fighting water on demand.

William W Western May 28th 07 11:51 PM

TC 8 Update

That's because the "resort" he lives in has a dilapidated "private"
water system thrown in by the developers and maintained by the "board"
of that fleabag place. The info's out on the web and has been posted
on this NG a couple of times. Also, "Bumler" residents have to boil
their water a lot before consumption because of dirty piping and
frequent pipe breaks.

Must be nice to live in such a "resort," eh? I'm on the LA County
Waterworks. We never have water supply problems, never have "boil
advisories" and I DO live in a desert. HA! Oh yes, I also have a
county fire hydrant right in front of my place, and yes, it produces
copious amounts of fire fighting water on demand.

Interesting. I would have thought a populated and well
established state like PA would be more up to date. Sounds quite wacky.

DeserTBoB May 29th 07 02:44 AM

TC 8 Update

On Mon, 28 May 2007 22:51:57 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Interesting. I would have thought a populated and well
established state like PA would be more up to date. Sounds quite wacky. snip

Three words: "Toxic waste dump."

DuPre July 26th 08 11:27 PM

Did you fix your TC-8?

I was moving some boxes in the basement the other day and ran across my old TC-8. Is there much demand for these old units?

I bought mine around 1968. I had a Camero that I put an 8-Track player in and wanted to be able to make my own tapes. I quit using the TC-8 when someone 'borrowed' the player out of my car. I did not buy a replacement player for the Camero.

Let me know if you have any interest in it, I'm not using it anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ommadawn (Post 497944)