CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   help identification (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=322478)

Pedro August 11th 13 12:44 AM

help identification

Hello friends,
Here is another stamp I am not able to discern where it is from. Maybe
Cambodge?

http://cjoint.com/?0HlbRsNfVzj

Thanks for your answers,
Pedro

Terry Reedy August 11th 13 03:58 AM

help identification

On 8/10/2013 7:44 PM, Pedro wrote:
Hello friends,
Here is another stamp I am not able to discern where it is from. Maybe
Cambodge?

http://cjoint.com/?0HlbRsNfVzj

The characters look to me to be derived from Devanagari, which would
make it a N. India Feudatory State. But I cannot find it in Scott. It
might be revenue rather than postage.

Marcel Lajus August 11th 13 07:50 AM

help identification

"Pedro" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello friends,
Here is another stamp I am not able to discern where it is from. Maybe
Cambodge?

http://cjoint.com/?0HlbRsNfVzj

Thanks for your answers,
Pedro

Hello Pedro,

Definitely not for Cambodge. At this time, the country was under french
domination and the stamps were denominated Indochine.

I agree with Terry concerning the Indian Feudatory states. But cannot find
it in Yvert nor Michel catalogues.
Sorry...

Marcel

Pedro August 11th 13 04:27 PM

help identification

Thank you very much all. I'm really amazed with your proficiency in the
field of Philately.

Thanks,
Pedro