CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   value check - AMI D-80 jukebox (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=177875)

Barnhart Pinball June 21st 06 04:34 AM

value check - AMI D-80 jukebox

Looking at picking one up, was curious at it's value (my experience is with
Seeburg mostly).

Coinopwarehouse June 21st 06 06:08 PM

value check - AMI D-80 jukebox

Cheap - almost no interest from end users. Anywhere from $100 to $400,
but over that you will end up with it for a long time.

Barnhart Pinball June 22nd 06 04:17 AM

value check - AMI D-80 jukebox

"Coinopwarehouse" wrote in
oups.com:

Cheap - almost no interest from end users. Anywhere from $100 to
$400, but over that you will end up with it for a long time.

really, why? Kind of a unique machine, not as pretty as say a Seeburg or
Wurlitzer...but has it's charms.

toucanf16 June 22nd 06 01:45 PM

value check - AMI D-80 jukebox

The D-80 is a great sounding machine and easy to work on. It's not as
flashy as other jukeboxes, maybe that's why is hass little
collectability. I'd say to get it if the price is right!

Barnhart Pinball wrote:
"Coinopwarehouse" wrote in
oups.com:

[email protected] June 22nd 06 02:12 PM

value check - AMI D-80 jukebox

My D-80 experience is with two of them. Bought one two years ago for
$600., re-wired some rotten wiring and replaced a rectifier, and resold
it for $1200 plus record requests and delivery. It did lead to another
sale of an E-120 I had (D-80's Father)....they each liked the looks,
AMI sound, and rotating animation (both cabinet/upper and grill/lower).
Am currently trying to salvage one for a customer who bought it
elsewhere for $950......rotted wiring, no red diamond-quilted in
interior dome area, missing trim pieces to hide selector cable
harness/wiring going up rear corners of cabinet, two missing back doors
(re-created), amp rebuild, bent gripper bow, coin gear missing, etc.,
etc., etc., ad nauseum. I fear her repair bill total may total almost
what she has already paid into it for the initial box purchase. I must
say, the cabinet does look lovely though, whoever did it before she got
her hands on it......I just don't know about those mirrors they glued
onto the sides of the cabinet interior in the dome area! Good luck on
your purchase decision, Rob
toucanf16 wrote:
The D-80 is a great sounding machine and easy to work on. It's not as
flashy as other jukeboxes, maybe that's why is hass little
collectability. I'd say to get it if the price is right!

Barnhart Pinball wrote:
"Coinopwarehouse" wrote in
oups.com: