CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   FA: Radar $5 Star Note 2001 (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=36896)

DyzeeGF3 January 9th 04 02:58 AM

FA: Radar $5 Star Note 2001

I have no idea what it's worth, but it's a pretty cool note no matter what.
Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=40 029&rd=1

Eric =0)
--Long time coin collector but now getting a little bit into paper money and
probably will continue getting into it because it is very interesting
stuff.--

Dollarsavr January 9th 04 02:15 PM

Hi

I am under the distinct impression that a Radar note has a Serial Number which
reads the same in BOTH directions! 01233210 is such an example.... To me, this
id not a Radar note.

Ed Zgers

DyzeeGF3 January 9th 04 08:02 PM

"Dollarsavr" wrote in message
Hi

I am under the distinct impression that a Radar note has a Serial Number

which
reads the same in BOTH directions! 01233210 is such an example.... To me,

this
id not a Radar note.

Ed Zgers

Hmm that's what I thought at first also, but someone in another forum said
the beginning zero doesn't count. I don't know, I'm not much of a bill
collector. In any case, the serial id posted in auction title, description,
and picture so there shouldn't be any mystery for bidders.

Eric

whohah January 10th 04 12:36 AM

Howdy, y'all!!!

The beginning zero on this note does count. Serial numbers consist of eight
digits (plus the prefix and suffix letters), so if the numeral in the first
position is a zero, a radar note must have a zero in the last position.

Regarding this note: Close, but no banana...

Jay in Garrison, TX

reply, if ya' wanna, to

DyzeeGF3 January 10th 04 07:12 AM

"whohah" wrote in message
Howdy, y'all!!!

The beginning zero on this note does count. Serial numbers consist of

eight
digits (plus the prefix and suffix letters), so if the numeral in the

first
position is a zero, a radar note must have a zero in the last position.

Regarding this note: Close, but no banana...

Jay in Garrison, TX

Okay, thanks for the info. Another poster misinformed me then. I'll be
sure to remember this in the future.

Eric

Anonymous Joe January 13th 04 09:59 PM

"DyzeeGF3" wrote in message
.net...

"whohah" wrote in message
Howdy, y'all!!!

The beginning zero on this note does count. Serial numbers consist of

eight
digits (plus the prefix and suffix letters), so if the numeral in the

first
position is a zero, a radar note must have a zero in the last position.

Regarding this note: Close, but no banana...

Jay in Garrison, TX

Okay, thanks for the info. Another poster misinformed me then. I'll be
sure to remember this in the future.

Eric

Also read the text as the seller says it is a "semi-radar" note. This is
true, it isnt a whole 8-digit radar, just 7-digits.