CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What type of iron do you use to press notes? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=192669)

[email protected] November 1st 06 07:07 PM

What type of iron do you use to press notes?

Nothing beats a pressed note. I currently use a General Electric iron.
It really does a good job of getting those tiny creases out,
especially on high steam settings. I try to use the cotton setting
because the heat is higher and makes the notes flatter. I'm curious as
to what others are using to press, iron their notes with? I was
thinking of using a Sunbeam iron but decided on the GE model. I'm very
happy with the results. :) Billy

saved92 November 2nd 06 12:22 AM

wrote in message
Nothing beats a pressed note. I currently use a General Electric iron.
It really does a good job of getting those tiny creases out,
especially on high steam settings. I try to use the cotton setting
because the heat is higher and makes the notes flatter. I'm curious as
to what others are using to press, iron their notes with? I was
thinking of using a Sunbeam iron but decided on the GE model. I'm very
happy with the results. :) Billy

Soak it and place between 2 smoothe bricks in the hot sun. Works every time.

noteworthy November 4th 06 09:43 AM

wrote:
Nothing beats a pressed note. I currently use a General Electric iron.
It really does a good job of getting those tiny creases out,
especially on high steam settings. I try to use the cotton setting
because the heat is higher and makes the notes flatter. I'm curious as
to what others are using to press, iron their notes with? I was
thinking of using a Sunbeam iron but decided on the GE model. I'm very
happy with the results. :) Billy

I don't know much about pressing notes but you know that nasty dirt
that appears on some notes. Soaking them in bleach makes them so much
more white. :-)