CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Spain question (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=252754)

Tony Vella July 12th 08 01:55 PM

Spain question

I was just asked a question off-line and I pass it along to the group as I
have no answer. A collector of Spanish stamps heard that there was a 1
peseta Macarena issue (also on May 31, 1964) perforated 15 or slightly more.
I have a mint and a used in my collection and both are 13x12.5. Has anyone
here ever seen a 15 or 15.25 issue of this stamp?
http://cjoint.com/data/hmoZsOhjEg.htm

Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

[email protected] July 12th 08 04:02 PM

Spain question

On 12 Jul, 14:55, "Tony Vella" wrote:
I was just asked a question off-line and I pass it along to the group as I
have no answer. *A collector of Spanish stamps heard that there was a 1
peseta Macarena issue (also on May 31, 1964) perforated 15 or slightly more.

No mention of it in SG Part 9.

I have a mint and a used in my collection and both are 13x12.5.

Same here.

Chris

Blair (TC) July 12th 08 11:11 PM

Spain question

On Jul 12, 8:55 am, "Tony Vella" wrote:
I was just asked a question off-line and I pass it along to the group as I
have no answer. A collector of Spanish stamps heard that there was a 1
peseta Macarena issue (also on May 31, 1964) perforated 15 or slightly more.
I have a mint and a used in my collection and both are 13x12.5. Has anyone
here ever seen a 15 or 15.25 issue of this stamp?http://cjoint.com/data/hmoZsOhjEg.htm

Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canadahttp://www.amedialuz.ca/

Could we see a scan of the stamp in question?

Gerhard Reichert July 12th 08 11:25 PM

Spain question

Tony Vella schrieb:
I was just asked a question off-line and I pass it along to the group as
I have no answer. A collector of Spanish stamps heard that there was a
1 peseta Macarena issue (also on May 31, 1964) perforated 15 or slightly
more. I have a mint and a used in my collection and both are 13x12.5.
Has anyone here ever seen a 15 or 15.25 issue of this stamp?
http://cjoint.com/data/hmoZsOhjEg.htm

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tony,

my old Michel Europe also mentions only 13 : 12.5 perforation. Here it
is Michel # 1480.

kind regards

Gerhard

Tony Vella July 13th 08 02:46 AM

Spain question

"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message
Tony Vella schrieb:
I was just asked a question off-line and I pass it along to the group as
I have no answer. A collector of Spanish stamps heard that there was a 1
peseta Macarena issue (also on May 31, 1964) perforated 15 or slightly
more. I have a mint and a used in my collection and both are 13x12.5.
Has anyone here ever seen a 15 or 15.25 issue of this stamp?
http://cjoint.com/data/hmoZsOhjEg.htm

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tony,

my old Michel Europe also mentions only 13 : 12.5 perforation. Here it is
Michel # 1480.

In 1988, for Holy Week in Malaga, another Virgin of Hope stamp was issued
commemorating the Coronation. But even this is not perforated anywhere near
15 or 15.25; it was 14x13.5. I do have one and it is definitely 14x13.5.
Other than these two stamps I cannot find any other Macarena on stamps of
Spain. My contact will be bringing up the question at his club (where he
heard the rumour in the first place) when next they meet; unfortunately they
only meet on the last Sunday of every second month so we'll have to wait a
wee while for an answer. Thanks for trying to help, guys!
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Rodney July 13th 08 06:10 AM

Spain question

Hi Tony,
edifil (if I am reading correctly) shows only 1 perforation
12.75x12.25