CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Please help for identify the 50pf Bavaria Bayern stamp. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=268805)

CASACUDOR March 19th 09 11:37 AM

Please help for identify the 50pf Bavaria Bayern stamp.

http://casacudor.googlepages.com/50pf

Michel cat. no.? and estimated value on the market. I do not find on
internet in MNH condition.

thanks,
Anton

John Mycroft[_2_] March 19th 09 11:46 AM

Please help for identify the 50pf Bavaria Bayern stamp.

Hi, Anton

It's hard to judge the colour from the picture but Michel lists at least 4 with different colours / watermarks:-

Mi 42 dark grey-red = $60
Mi 52 dark orange brown $180
Mi 59 blackish yellow brown $75
Mi 63 lilac brown - brown purple 40 cents

These are mint hinged prices.

Cheers - John

Peter Baumann[_2_] March 19th 09 12:23 PM

CASACUDOR wrote:
http://casacudor.googlepages.com/50pf

Michel cat. no.? and estimated value on the market. I do not find on
internet in MNH condition.

thanks,
Anton

comparing with my examples of these stamps, it is the Mi 63.
very common stamp, about 1 Euro for MUH/MNH.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

Gerhard Reichert March 19th 09 01:08 PM

CASACUDOR wrote:
http://casacudor.googlepages.com/50pf

Michel cat. no.? and estimated value on the market. I do not find on
internet in MNH condition.

thanks,
Anton

comparing with my examples of these stamps, it is the Mi 63.
very common stamp, about 1 Euro for MUH/MNH.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

Hello from Bavaria,

first of all we need the watermark for it.

Michel # 42 has watermark # 2 , means horizontal wavelines (one wave over
the whole stamp, with only one "hill and valley")

Michel # 52 has watermark # 3 , means vertikal wavelines (with two to three
"hills and valleys")

Michel # 59 and 63 has watermark # 4 , means horizontal waves (with two to
three "hills and valleys")

As Peter wrote, # 59 is darkbrown, # 63 is lilacbrown, both numbers known on
redish paper (more expensive) and on white paper (very cheap).

kind regards

Gerhard

CASACUDOR March 20th 09 02:30 PM

Please help for identify the 50pf Bavaria Bayern stamp.

On Mar 19, 3:08*pm, "Gerhard Reichert"
wrote:
"Peter Baumann" schrieb im ...

CASACUDOR wrote:
[...]

Hi Gerhard and many thanks for answer-
How it is explained that on the internet is very hard to find a Mint
example of any of these 4 variants?
Anton

Gerhard Reichert March 20th 09 06:36 PM

CASACUDOR schrieb:

Hi Gerhard and many thanks for answer-
How it is explained that on the internet is very hard to find a Mint
example of any of these 4 variants?
Anton

Hello Anton,

Michel # 63 was issued 1900 with a total of 101,000,000 pieces.

There were 309,400 pieces left 1912, when they became not longer valid
on 30th of June.

# 63 is, also in mnh, massware till today. You can buy this stamp mnh in
every German stamp shop for 0,50 Euro. Why should I buy it from the
internet with shipping & handling cost of 2 US $ or more and why should
I offer it?

You will find offers for the better # # for example he

http://cgi.ebay.de/H3848-BY-42-ER-VB-Befund-Sem_W0QQitemZ370166800535QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBriefm arke?hash=item370166800535&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_t rkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

# 42 was only issued with 4,500,000 pieces, # 52 14,700,000 pieces valid
from 1881 up to 31.01.1893, # 59 7,400,000 pieces only, valid from 1888
up to 1893.

kind regards

Gerhard

CASACUDOR March 21st 09 10:35 PM

http://cgi.ebay.de/H3848-BY-42-ER-VB-Befund-Sem_W0QQitemZ370166800535...65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

# 42 was only issued with 4,500,000 pieces, # 52 14,700,000 pieces valid
from 1881 up to 31.01.1893, # 59 7,400,000 pieces only, valid from 1888
up to 1893.

kind regards

Gerhard

Many thanks Gerhard. Very pro answer. Please again - if you can help
me with the Michel cat. value for Memel Klaipeda 124-128 mint hinged?
regards,
Anton

Peter Baumann[_2_] March 22nd 09 12:37 AM

CASACUDOR schrieb:

[...]

3,50 Euro for mint hinged 22 for MUH.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

Gerhard Reichert March 22nd 09 02:08 PM

CASACUDOR schrieb:

[...]

Peter was faster and he is right again as usual :-)

kind regards

Gerhard