CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TECH: Rock-ola 445 (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=221077)

[email protected] July 22nd 07 11:40 AM

TECH: Rock-ola 445

I'm working on this machine for a buddy... now I'll warn you in
advance that I normally work on pinballs and arcade games... so I'm no
juke guy, but I'm no dummy. =)

Anyways, the machine's dead. I'm going through the power supply,
testing with my handy-dandy meter... found a few things wrong, but
what I'm concerned with right now is a diode that completely bombed
the leakage test... it's marked 7050 along the horizontal axis, and GI
(symbol) P100J along its horizontal axis. I can find no crossover for
this, nor can I find a schematic online.. (found plenty for the 444,
though..)

Anybody have any idea of the specs on this part?

Thanks in advance,

Gordon

[email protected] July 23rd 07 12:21 PM

TECH: Rock-ola 445

Posting from my buddy's account now... I was able to get ahold of a
manual for this jukebox... it has a part listing, but it still does me
no good. The listing is

Part number: 44875 Description:Plastic Silicon Rectifier.

Since I know it's a rectifier now, I'm half tempted to just throw in
the biggest rectifier I have in my parts inventory, since you can't
really go too big on those....

I'm still curious what the equivalent part number is... 1N4007,
something like that??

-Gordon

DRebber July 23rd 07 02:26 PM

Gordon,

This diode appears to be a suppression diode on the coil / relay windings. It keeps the collapsing magnetic field from creating a spike that would destroy or damage the driver transistor.

A 1N4007 should be able to handle the voltage / PRV / current ratings.