CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Montreal/Toronto used book stores (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=118158)

[email protected] February 25th 05 12:00 AM

Montreal/Toronto used book stores

Living north of Montreal it is impossible to find used English books so
I decided to turn to the internet.

Any suggestions for used book stores in Montreal and in Toronto or
Kingston for that matter who have an internet presence, at least email.

I recall some good shops on Queen Street and Bloor Street in Toronto
but no names.

It seems whenever I search the internet I get lots of hits but they are
always in the states. Buy Canadian eh !

A2

Evelyn C. Leeper February 25th 05 05:30 AM

wrote:

Living north of Montreal it is impossible to find used English books so
I decided to turn to the internet.

Any suggestions for used book stores in Montreal and in Toronto or
Kingston for that matter who have an internet presence, at least email.

I recall some good shops on Queen Street and Bloor Street in Toronto
but no names.

It seems whenever I search the internet I get lots of hits but they are
always in the states. Buy Canadian eh !

A2

In Toronto, try Contact Editions (759 Mount Pleasant Rd, Toronto, M4S
2N4, 416-322-0777, http://www.contacteditions.ca), or Jamie Fraser
Books (427A Queen W east of Spadina, 2nd floor, Toronto, M5V 2A5,
416-598-7885, http://www.interlog.com/~fraserj).

If you look through http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/na-can-e.htm
(eastern Canada) and
http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/na-can-o.htm (Ontario) for those
which have links, you'll find some more, but I've actually been to these
shops and can vouch that they're good.

--
Evelyn C. Leeper
http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper