CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rock-ola 454 Question (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=260408)

[email protected] November 14th 08 06:02 PM

Rock-ola 454 Question

Is there a way I could hook up an external audio device to this
jukebox so that it plays through the its amp and speakers when a
record is not playing and cut out to allow a record to play when one
is selected? If not, is there a way just to have an external device to
play through the amp and speakers (prefer no record playing)?

Thanks,
David

CryptKeeper November 18th 08 09:12 PM

Rock-ola 454 Question

On Nov 14, 1:02 pm, "
wrote:
Is there a way I could hook up an external audio device to this
jukebox so that it plays through the its amp and speakers when a
record is not playing and cut out to allow a record to play when one
is selected? If not, is there a way just to have an external device to
play through the amp and speakers (prefer no record playing)?

Thanks,
David

I would also like to know if this can be done.

angel-care November 20th 08 04:46 AM

Rock-ola 454 Question

On Nov 14, 1:02*pm, "
wrote:
Is there a way I could hook up an external audio device to this
jukebox so that it plays through the its amp and speakers when a
record is not playing and cut out to allow a record to play when one
is selected? If not, is there a way just to have an external device to
play through the amp and speakers (prefer no record playing)?

Thanks,
David

Yes it can be done. The device needed, that we use is called a "JBS
audio activated speaker switch" and is available from Amusements Plus
in NY.

http://www.amusementsplus.com/

[email protected] November 23rd 08 09:45 AM

Rock-ola 454 Question

Yes it can be done. *The device needed, that we use is called a "JBS
audio activated speaker switch" and is available from Amusements Plus
in NY.

http://www.amusementsplus.com/

I didn't see anything about that device on that web page or after
doing a google search.

Let me reprase my question. Please note that the juke was made in the
mid 70's and other rock-ola's used this same amp. On the amp there is
a section that lets someone install a microphone kit (I think, as I
not looked at it in a while). I need to know what pins go to audio,
Ground, and mute relay. Then how would I wire it so that I can turn
the mute off and on via a togle switch or some other means? If there
is another way to add external audio that is more simple, then what is
it and where can I get it?

Thanks for any help,
David

angel-care November 24th 08 04:47 AM

Rock-ola 454 Question

On Nov 23, 4:45*am, "
wrote:
[...]

David,

The switch is not listed on the website. You have to call and ask for
it.

Here is a description and pic that I found on Ebay. Although ended,
the info is there.

http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/Jukebox-Spea...QQcmdZViewItem

CryptKeeper November 25th 08 06:47 PM

Rock-ola 454 Question

On Nov 23, 11:47 pm, angel-care wrote:
On Nov 23, 4:45 am, "

wrote:
[...]

http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/Jukebox-Spea...tivated-JBS-br...

Am also interesting in doing the same thing......connecting an Ipod to
my Rockola 454. I contacted this site http://www.audionicsinc.com/
about using a "JBS
audio activated speaker switch" that was referenced on the forum and
was told it would not work for what I was trying to do. Any other
advice connecting to the mic\aux.

DRebber November 26th 08 01:13 PM

One thing to keep in mind....

This amp is made for a magnetic cartridge signal input on the main. It will not have the same sound quality for a line level input.

On the mike setup, it is engineered for those signal / sound quality inputs.

You can make it work, but may have to bridge into the final amp section to get good reproduction.

David Rebber
Lubbock, TX

[email protected] November 28th 08 09:17 PM

Rock-ola 454 Question

Ok, the amp does have a Microphone/Accessory input on it. I see it is
a 9 pin connector (3 rows of 3). On the top row it has 3 connetions
for input, nothing for the middle row, and 2 on the bottom row side by
side going from left to right with nothing for the third hole. Does
anyone here have the schematics for the microphone kit that would have
been used? What other accessories would have used this connection?