CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rockola 442/443 Graphic (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=285856)

Doghouse Riley January 21st 10 01:41 AM

Rockola 442/443 Graphic

I've noticed on this 443 I've recently purchased there's a length of black insulating tape stuck on the underside of the "table" under the numbers bank below the words Rock-Ola 443. It covers a long regular rectangular clear gap in the mostly black graphic, it's probabably a foot by half an inch. In photos I've seen, there appears to be a line of several blue/green half inch squares in this position, I guess the original strip fell off over time. Has anyone got a clear photo of these they could post? I could probably be able to make up a copy if I knew exactly what they were.

Thanks!

Alan Hood January 21st 10 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doghouse Riley (Post 641780)
I've noticed on this 443 I've recently purchased there's a length of black insulating tape stuck on the underside of the "table" under the numbers bank below the words Rock-Ola 443. It covers a long regular rectangular clear gap in the mostly black graphic, it's probabably a foot by half an inch. In photos I've seen, there appears to be a line of several blue/green half inch squares in this position, I guess the original strip fell off over time. Has anyone got a clear photo of these they could post? I could probably be able to make up a copy if I knew exactly what they were.

Thanks!

Hi Bob,

I see that Stanmann's have a copy of that glass on their website, but can not see any mention of transfers etc to go in there. I would email Hildgard/Oliver to see if they have something or know what should go in that aperture.
• Internet: www.Jukebox-World.de

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Doghouse Riley January 21st 10 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Hood (Post 641817)
Hi Bob,

I see that Stanmann's have a copy of that glass on their website, but can not see any mention of transfers etc to go in there. I would email Hildgard/Oliver to see if they have something or know what should go in that aperture.
• Internet: www.Jukebox-World.de

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Thanks for that Alan.

Someone has since told me it is for "personalising" the jukebox with the name of the location or whatever.

Regards,

Bob

Alan Hood January 21st 10 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doghouse Riley (Post 641818)
Thanks for that Alan.

Someone has since told me it is for "personalising" the jukebox with the name of the location or whatever.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

You could be right about that, In the USA licencing of music is big business so it could have been for licence details or as you say just the opperators details.

Regards
Alan