CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Record is rejected right after it's selected. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=324006)

Chuck Faustine August 2nd 17 07:22 PM

Record is rejected right after it's selected.

I have a 1952 seeburg hF100g. I need to make an adjustment. When the record is selected and pulled in, the mechanism buzzes and is immediately discharge back out and the carriage repeats. Is this a simple adjustment?

Thanks,

Chuck

John Robertson August 2nd 17 08:07 PM

On 2017/08/02 11:22 AM, Chuck Faustine wrote:
I have a 1952 seeburg hF100g. I need to make an adjustment. When the record is selected and pulled in, the mechanism buzzes and is immediately discharge back out and the carriage repeats. Is this a simple adjustment?

Thanks,

Chuck

Check that the reject pin on the left upper rear of the cabinet (beside
the wooden rail) is not jammed. That pin should move easily in/out.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

[email protected] October 7th 17 10:35 PM

Record is rejected right after it's selected.

More than likely NOT a simple adjustment. It's a very
common symptom caused by a gummed up clutch, (behind the
vertical playing turntable). You may have to find
experienced help, (service call), or another collector
willing to offer some help with a cleanup-relube.

You will find good information on youtube on how to
lube the mech, and also other Seeburg Jukeboxes displaying
this same exact symptom, with various collectors showing
where to lube the clutch assembly.

John Robertson October 7th 17 11:58 PM

On 2017/10/07 2:35 PM, wrote:
More than likely NOT a simple adjustment. It's a very
common symptom caused by a gummed up clutch, (behind the
vertical playing turntable). You may have to find
experienced help, (service call), or another collector
willing to offer some help with a cleanup-relube.

You will find good information on youtube on how to
lube the mech, and also other Seeburg Jukeboxes displaying
this same exact symptom, with various collectors showing
where to lube the clutch assembly.

Start simple and work up from there - many techs (including myself!) get
caught up in looking for tough reasons when it turns something simple
that was causing the problem...

He never replied so I didn't bother going any further.

[email protected] October 10th 17 03:38 AM

Record is rejected right after it's selected.

Understood. It's why I waited this long to enter
my reply. Not mean't to interrupt your process of
elimination.

John Robertson October 10th 17 07:28 PM

On 2017/10/09 7:38 PM, wrote:
Understood. It's why I waited this long to enter
my reply. Not mean't to interrupt your process of
elimination.

I wasn't in a rush...take your time, but please let us know the outcome!

global2016 October 11th 17 03:14 AM

terima kasih banyak