CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   A copy for sure (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=36853)

JSTONE9352 December 25th 03 05:59 PM

A copy for sure

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=2211719433

Seller says they don't know. Someone thinks its worth $7.00 at least.

Padraic Brown December 25th 03 06:57 PM

On 25 Dec 2003 17:59:28 GMT, (JSTONE9352) wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=2211719433

Seller says they don't know. Someone thinks its worth $7.00 at least.

Course it's a copy. All black printing on crinkly and heavy brown
stained paper! I'm sure I have an AK note with that same SN; though
without the reverse side!

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.

Jan December 26th 03 01:43 AM

not a copy....called a reproduction or replica.....
symantics.....
happy holidays
Jan

JSTONE9352 December 26th 03 01:00 PM

not a copy....called a reproduction or replica.....
symantics.....
happy holidays
Jan

Please.... don't get technical on us.

Jim December 26th 03 03:56 PM

(JSTONE9352) adds....

Please.... don't get technical on us.

Technical, schmecknical. Copy and repro are one in the same. Replica, in most
peoples minds, connotes a different sized copy.

Oh and it's s"e"mantics w/an e, not a y, but who's being critical......8^)

Always here for my fellow syngraphist or oenophile.
--=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=--

A.E. Gelat December 26th 03 06:54 PM

"JSTONE9352" wrote in message

not a copy....called a reproduction or replica.....
symantics.....
happy holidays
Jan

Please.... don't get technical on us.

Especially if you cannot spell it correctly. It is semantics.

Tony

A.E. Gelat December 26th 03 06:58 PM

"Jim" wrote in message
(JSTONE9352) adds....

Please.... don't get technical on us.

Technical, schmecknical. Copy and repro are one in the same. Replica, in

most
peoples minds, connotes a different sized copy.

Not necessarily smaller. Replica is also defined in the dictionary as a
copy or duplicate.

Tony

Jim December 26th 03 07:27 PM

"A.E. Gelat" is still wandering the halls of Usenet
unsupervised.....

Not necessarily smaller.

Where did anyone use the modifier smaller in any of this post?

I said....

Replica, in most peoples minds, connotes a different sized copy.

Hmmmmm.......Those voices Tony, those voices.

Padraic Brown December 27th 03 03:22 AM

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 01:43:48 GMT, "Jan" wrote:

not a copy....called a reproduction or replica.....
symantics.....

Yeah. Or a counterfeit! Either way, it was run through some kind of
copy machine! And not a very good process at that!!