CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   LS2 write in voltage problem HELP!!!! :) (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=195125)

[email protected] November 20th 06 11:51 PM

LS2 write in voltage problem HELP!!!! :)

Hey,
I have an LS2. I get the+27 volts where it's labelled and I get +395
vdc on the Read-Out and none on the Write-In. I've measured from the
test screw on the outside all the way to the pcb inside of the power
center/control center. The voltage stops at a large black cap labelled
..15 mfd 600 vdc. There's +395 going into the cap and nothing coming out
(measuring on its legs). I naturally assumed the cap was bad. Replaced
it. Same thing, voltage going in, but none coming out. What the heck is
going on?
Thanks,
jaysun

[email protected] November 24th 06 08:18 PM

LS2 write in voltage problem HELP!!!! :)

Its obvious you do not understand the functions of a capacitor. A good
capacitor will not pass DC voltage. Its function is to store energy. to
do this, one leg must be connected to negative DC and the other
connected to positive DC. Thus as you can see, the voltage stops here.
Wes