CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The sheep continue to elude me (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=261237)

Joshua McGee[_3_] November 26th 08 07:29 AM

The sheep continue to elude me

Inspect http://tinyurl.com/is001 -- if you will.

My bid of $675 was immediately topped by a proxy bid. I will be
watching, enviously, on auction day, to see how high this particular I.S.
stamp (that I lost last time, too!) will fare.

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS

Rodney November 26th 08 10:55 AM

The sheep continue to elude me

I reckon you should consider yourself lucky.
It was $35 about 10 years ago.
I see a few around from time to time
but nothing of that price.
I could be wrong but I'll keep an eye out in future.

George on this NG had an "HA" once, and someone offered $5
for it...he refused :)

http://cjoint.com/data/lAkYcxQadd.htm

Asia-translation November 26th 08 11:47 AM

The sheep continue to elude me

I gather that these Departmentals are very popular here at the
moment. An obscure one like IS certainly ought to reach four figures
in $US.

Tony

Rodney November 26th 08 01:06 PM

The sheep continue to elude me

In 2007, I read there were 78 known covers to exist.

Why do you consider IS obscure?,
pricing would suggest par status,
considering usage, one would expect a higher example.
"LA" = Lunatic Asylum, I would expect perhaps obscure,
or GT Goolwa Tramway, or NT Northern Territory.