CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rockola 442 turntable speed question - newbie (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7684)

[email protected] January 30th 04 02:56 AM

Rockola 442 turntable speed question - newbie

Hi all

I've just aquired my first juke. A rockola 442. Looks like hell at
the moment, but I plugged it in and it seemed to work. The only
problem (at the moment) is that the records seem to be playing at 33
rather than 45. I don't yet have a manual for it.

I'm sure it's a simple thing.

Thanks,

Drnec

Jjmscf January 30th 04 01:40 PM

Probably the motor mounts are shot and the motor has sagged.Then the idler
rides on on the upper portion of the shaft which is 33.