CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Tech: Rowe R88, sound but no base. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=164644)

Robert in Ridgecrest, CA February 23rd 06 06:35 AM

Tech: Rowe R88, sound but no base.

Hi,

I have a Rowe R88 that has sound but no base. The mid/tweeter speakers
work fine.

I have the manual; I see there is a cross-over network shown in one of
the schematics. Any idea where it is located in the unit?

I'm thinking the signal is making it out of the amp (sound at the
mid/tweeter) but it is not making it through the cross-over network.

Am I way off base here?

I'm new to jukes, I've been collecting/fixing pins for a few years
now.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert in Ridgecrest

Ken Layton February 23rd 06 04:24 PM

Tech: Rowe R88, sound but no base.

Generally either the lower speakers have come unplugged (loose
connector in the wiring harness) or the amplifier needs service.

Have you adjusted the tone control slide switches on the amplifier and
they had no effect?

Your machine is now old enough to need to have the amplifier capacitors
checked.