CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Help setting free play on NSM City II (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7000)

Michael Lenardon August 31st 03 08:38 PM

Help setting free play on NSM City II

I finally got my NSM City II delivered and what a nice Juke. Does anyone
know how I can set free play mode on the unit?

Michael Lenardon

Rick Force September 2nd 03 10:07 AM

"Michael Lenardon" wrote in message .ca...
I finally got my NSM City II delivered and what a nice Juke. Does anyone
know how I can set free play mode on the unit?

Michael Lenardon

Hi Micheal,
I had a City 2 for several years and it was a very nice machine,
especially being "modern" and having a visable mech.
Anyway, to put it on free play your first need the key switch (on
mine was missing, so I had to make one). It would be located on the
inside of the cabinet, on the back wall connected to the computer. If
it is missing, you can make one (as I did) by using the old style
computer keyboard lock switch from on old PC, just trim the connector
to fit the jukebox (it has 2 wires mounted on a 4 pin connector). Or
you can just make a jumper wire to short the two pins on the computer
connector, either will work. Once done, then you'll need to consult
your manual (as I can't remember the procedure) to program it for free
play. Once done, it will display "free" on the display. Warning, to
access the computer's programming, you'll need the "electronic key
code", which by default is 00 000. If someone has changed it, you
can't access the computer to make ANY changes. I believe the manual
says how to find it out, but I don't remember. Hope this helps, Rick.