CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   rockola 424 jukebox not selecting records (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=323678)

Robert Lipsett June 20th 16 10:26 PM

rockola 424 jukebox not selecting records

when I try to choose records my rockola will not revolve the arm that flicks the tab on the carousel to write in records. If I manually through the tab the record is put on turntable and plays fine and is returned back into rack so that part works ok. tried pushing the relays on the control box in the lower left of jukebox but the selection wheel would not move. I removed the control unit and made sure all the contacts were making and breaking properly and conducting properly so I do not think that is the problem. I hit the left relay and the bulb lights up and the right relay fires. the little motor assembly on the underside does not seem to be cycling it has four microswitches that are operated by a cam. the buttons are not locking down at all they just pop right up after trying to press them. any ideas?

Robert Lipsett July 4th 16 02:44 AM

rockola 424 jukebox not selecting records

discovered attract relay had bad switch stack connections. shortly after write in switch stack had excessive carbon build up and that too failed and needed to be cleaned. switches are functioning now but am considering replacing them since they are very worn down and not wiping well against each other. since trying to track down problem I removed key panel and have been adjusting lock down bars to hold keys properly instead of holding them till songs are selected. going to pintastic maybe find solenoid bumper part and new juke box buttons for a rockola since mine were melted by cigarettes in it previous life

[email protected] May 18th 19 02:36 PM

rockola 424 jukebox not selecting records

Pusn numbers arm with both contact rotate stop on number does not flip contact to spin help

John Robertson May 19th 19 08:02 PM

On 2019/05/18 6:36 a.m., wrote:
Pusn numbers arm with both contact rotate stop on number does not flip contact to spin help

Buy a good copy of the operators manual from Victory Glass (not the
cheap knockoffs on eBay) as they have colour coded troubleshooting
guides for figuring out how various functions work with a good
explanation included.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com