CollectingBanter

-   Worldwide Stamps (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   FA: HIGH QUALITY EARLY SARAWAK SETS, NIGER CP & MONACO (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=199730)

TL December 30th 06 07:02 PM

FA: HIGH QUALITY EARLY SARAWAK SETS, NIGER CP & MONACO

I've put up some very good quality Sarawak stamps from a collector who
had high standards. I've been using a 2003 Scott's catalog which has
considerably lower values than the 2007 AND Stanley Gibbons is nearly
twice Scott.

Check your collection and see if what I'm offering isn't better than
what you have or have seen. The opportunity may not come along often
as few sellers use very good scans or descriptions because the poor
quality doesn't show up in most auctions. It is hard to pass off a bad
stamp when the scans are as large as what I present. I've spent too
much time looking at what bidders go after and what they'll pay for
poorly represented material but it isn't surprising.

Anyway, the bidding is starting way below their market value. Seems
there is a lot of interest probably because of their color, centering,
margins, perfs, cancels, etc. One of them has a very interesting cancel
which I suspect is desirable for a collector of postal-history.

Also there are some Niger CP and Monaco sets.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZloeppQQhtZ-1

Keep the link as I periodically put up various items, sets, etc. from
an extremely large and good quality accumulation, most of which I would
like to de-access.
Anyone interested in an area could contact me. There is a very good
chance that I have something of interest. I will sell it using large
scans; front and back (placed on my stamp website) for a reasonable
percentage of catalog.
http://tloepp.home.mindspring.com/stamps.html

Thanks for looking.
TL